Duties of the Post:
1. To lead the coaching team responsible for the BUCS 1st teams
2. Plan the coaching programme for the season
3. Plan, prepare and deliver individual and squad training sessions for the BUCS 1st teams
4. In consultation with the S&C coach, and Performance Sport Manager, plan the delivery of fitness and strength training for the BUCS Men’s and Women’s Football 1st teams.
5. Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
6. Attend BUCS fixtures for the Men’s and Women’s Football 1st teams, including the BUCS
Conference Cup/BUCS Trophy or BUCS Championships
7. Mentor and advise assistant coaches and players where appropriate
8. Attend termly athlete review meetings and occasional performance sport staff meetings
9. Assist with activities associated with the recruitment of talented male and female Football players to the University
10. Plan, prepare and deliver an inclusive football programme of activities for student including development of football and futsal active campus sessions, 11-a-side and 5-a-side intramural leagues and on off events and projects
11. To lead on the BUCS Football Accreditation partner scheme, liaising and influencing directly with key staff in order to help shape and deliver football objectives in Essex and the surrounding local authorities.
12. Provide line management supervision to University male and female football activators
13. Report fortnightly attendance and monitoring data to the Sport Development Officer in accordance with the active campus programme.
13. Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Performance Sport or their nominee.