The Accreditation Manager will design, implement and manage the Accreditation project for sport events approved by the SC senior management. Furthermore, he/she will develop and propose a concept/strategy for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qata.
• Embedded within the SC Tournament Readiness team, the Accreditation Manager will design and propose the delivery strategy for the Accreditation operations of all events approved by senior management, including the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar.
• Depending on the delivery strategy, he/she will be responsible to ensure the appropriate Accreditation planning and operations delivery including (registration process, accreditation zoning and assignment of rights, collaboration with Security on background checking processes, Supplementary Access Control devices policy, production and distribution of accreditations, and accreditation issue resolution).
• Work closely with all other projects to ensure appropriate assignment of access rights and accreditation issue resolution
• Work closely with Access Control to ensure appropriate implementation of the accreditation zoning plan and protection of areas.
• Work closely with Security to ensure implementation of the appropriate background checking procedures
• Work closely with all clients functions, including workforce to ensure production of accreditations for all client groups
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Accreditation Concept of Operations
• Provides input on behalf of the Qatar 2022 LLC to the development of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Accreditation Concept of Operations including:
1. Definition of Accreditation operational role and delivery approach
2. Identification of key dependencies
3. Quantification of needs (equipment, staff, budget)
• Participation in integrated forums to discuss all Accreditation concept of operations matters
• Revision of milestones and delivery timelines
Other miscellaneous tasks related to Accreditation - upon request by the senior management.
• Adapt to the needs of the role as per the SC evolution
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
• Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
o to a high standard of quality and timeliness
o in full compliance with the SC Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements
o in line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system.
Education and certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and/or Sports Management or relevant discipline from an accredited project management institution
Experience and skills
• Minimum overall 15 years experience with 10 years in the areas of Sport Events operations – operational experience in Football events (i.e. UEFA, FIFA) would be an added benefit
• Minimum 6-8 years in the areas of Accreditation planning and operations in Sport Events, preferable with a Football event experience (i.e. UEFA, FIFA)
• 1-2 years of working experience in Qatar, experience of working in the region and knowledge of local culture is an advantage
• Proven experience in managing providers and suppliers
• Proven experience in managing clients groups and delivery stakeholders relationship, aligning demand and deliverables
• Understanding of operational planning and delivery experience in large scale international sport events would be an added benefit
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent analytical and people management skills
• Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
• Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organisational change
• Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously
• Team player, willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
• Positive attitude, patience and persistence