At TOCA, we are passionate about people and the power of sport. We believe in creating an environment that becomes the “third home” for our guests — where they learn, where they live, and where TOCA becomes the place where they play. Whether they’re kicking a soccer ball for the first time, focused on finding their best, or rediscovering their passion for the game, we are here to support and guide them every step along the way. Everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the joy and fulfillment that sports can bring, regardless of background and skill levels. Our ultimate goal is to create a consistent and amazing experience for everyone who interacts with TOCA, whether it is our dedicated team members or esteemed guests.
What makes a TOCA Teammate? An individual that seeks to...
- Play Hard
- Care Deeply
- Grow Together
- Strive for Excellence
- Create Awesome Experiences
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Compensation: Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, and Paid Time Off
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Leagues Manager for the TOCA Soccer Training Facility who will lead our soccer leagues experience ensuring its smooth operation and success. Leagues are a vital part of building a thriving business and community. Through league play we give soccer aficionados the opportunity to extend their playing days for as long as their legs can carry them and create a community for anyone that shares our passion for the game. This is an opportunity to lead a department within an evolving and innovative soccer training facility and contribute to the growth and experience of the local soccer community of all ages. A successful candidate in this role is passionate about sports, can take ownership of the leagues experience through a welcome and engaging environment, provide high quality food and beverage offerings, and create a fun and safe place to play.
Role Scope & Responsibilities:
Community Marketing & Sales Enablement (40% of role scope):
- Develop marketing strategies to attract teams and players to the league.
- Promote league events, games, and results through various channels.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the soccer community and trends.
- Monitor and manage the league's budget, including revenue, expenses, and financial reports.
- Contribute to positive YOY and month-over-month growth of the leagues business.
- Utilize CSAT, NPS, and Birdeye Reviews to retain and grow existing team registrations.
- Explore opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation.
- Increase Leads, Guest Traffic, and Drop-Ins through community partnerships and cross-promotions.
- Collect and manage player registration fees and sponsorships.
- Prepare regular reports on league performance, participation, and feedback.
League Operations (50% of role scope):
- Plan, organize, and execute soccer leagues, tournaments, and events.
- Ensure a fair and balanced competition structure, including compliance with rules, regulations, and policies.
- Oversee the reservation and maintenance of playing fields, ensuring they meet safety and quality standards.
- Coordinate with the General Manager on facility optimization to ensure optimal revenue generation.
- Collaborate with center leadership in sustaining a clean, organized, well-maintained center.
- Complete weekly Game Experience Reviews on Leagues performance.
- Develop league schedules, fixtures, and game-day logistics.
- Coordinate with teams, referees, and internal stakeholders to ensure games run smoothly.
- Be the primary point of contact for team inquiries and concerns.
- Develop and enforce league rules, regulations, safety protocols, and emergency action plans.
Leadership & Team Development (10% of role scope):
- Hire and schedule referees, ensuring they are qualified and available for league matches.
- Ensure the Labor Spend is in line with the TOCA Labor Model and to budget.
- Ensure compliance with league rules and regulations.
- Maintain open communication with league participants, team managers, and stakeholders.
- Address inquiries, concerns, and feedback promptly and professionally.
- Create and uphold a best-in-class Leagues experience focused on fun and community.
- Maintain high food and beverage service quality standards by monitoring healthy and safety compliance and regulations.
- Manage food and beverage inventory levels to ensure adequate supply and minimizing waste.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and update food and beverage options that cater to the preferences of our guests.
- Champion and uphold our core values of excellence, integrity, innovation, and community to create a culture that resonates throughout the facility.
- Work with leadership to create and maintain a unified culture as well as a high level of staff engagement throughout the center.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Prior experience in league management, sports administration, or event coordination
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of soccer rules and regulations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Excellent organizational and scheduling abilities.
- Availability for full-time work during non-traditional hours, including late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Financial acumen and the ability to understand, consider, and assess the financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time.
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to engage with visitors, staff, and stakeholders.
- Passion for creating an inviting and welcoming environment that aligns with TOCA Soccer Training's values.
TOCA Football, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.