Argyle Community Trust is looking to recruit a Schools and Community Coach to primarily deliver in a number of schools and on community centred programmes. As a registered charity, the Community Trust works, in close conjunction with Plymouth Argyle Football Club, with many people across several sectors where sport has proven to be the ideal tool for creating lasting engagement with individuals. The main focus will be to deliver sport specific and fundamental coaching within primary schools and our extended community provision and to help support the sports participation department.
The candidate must have good, in-depth knowledge of the school curriculum and school sport. Experience of football and multi sports coaching in a wide range of settings, including schools, sports centres and in varied community work for young people aged 3- 14 years old is essential. We would also expect the candidate to have a number of other sports coaching qualifications and be computer literate. In addition to this the coach must be able to undertake key administrative duties that are associated to the role.
The post is full-time and is offered on a 12 month fixed-term basis as maternity cover starting in January/February 2021, with a strong possibility of extension. In your application form and supporting letter/ email you should draw on all relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and/or voluntary work and training to demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job specification above.
Argyle Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Argyle Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants on our programmes and promotes robust policies to ensure that our staff and volunteers adhere to safe practices. The successful candidate will be subject to undertaking enhanced DBS checks prior to employment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd January 2021 at 5pm
Key duties will be:
To promote the Community Trust business, grow and sustain activities in West Cornwall, in accordance with the Participation Business Plan:
• Deliver comprehensive PE, school sport and curriculum-based provision to primary schools within West Cornwall, responsible for fulfilling contractual duties with the schools
• Lead and deliver school programmes working alongside Argyle Community partners
• Ensure all targets and outcomes of a programme are completed
• Complete reports for schools programme
• Lead coaching on Long Term Player Development Centres
• Deliver on holiday courses across Devon and Cornwall
• Liaise with existing partners to retain and expand our business
• Develop new partners through projects and schools
• Sustain current schools contracts and achieve KPIs for new contracts as set out by the Trust • Complete reviews and session evaluations for schools
• Increase provision and participant numbers as per development plan set out by the Trust.
• Manage and deliver on a number of development centres for the Trust
• Sustain and develop new after school clubs and deliver on after school clubs within West Cornwall areas
• Be willing to work evening and weekends to meet the demands of the job
• Meet key performance indicators
• Complete all data entry for all participants within the sports participation remit
• Assist VIEWS lead for West Cornwall area, attending meetings set out by Data and Analysis Officer
• Complete office and administrative duties as instructed by line manager
• Work with the Lead Data and Analysis Officer to ensure correct monitoring procedures are undertaken
• Ensure monitoring is completed and daily reports are inputted
• Ensure all work is undertaken in line with GDPR
• Liaise with other full and part-time/casual coaching staff
• Maintain and organise kit and equipment
• Liaise with schools, venues, community groups and partners
WE are proud to be the official charity for Plymouth Argyle Football Club. Argyle Community Trust uses the prestige of football and the reach of the club to inspire, engage and help people of all ages, achieve their full potential.
Argyle Community Trust has a clear vision, along with our national partners, to be an active, inspirational and inclusive community hub for the South West region. We aim to have a positive impact on a range of groups within society and to provide the local community with the opportunity to explore their full potential, improve their life chances and aspirations through the power of football and Plymouth Argyle FC.
We are hugely proud to say we have changed lives and inspired people over the past 20 years and envisage this to continue for many years to come. We offer a large range of activities and programmes from football to nationally recognised educational qualifications, from health to social action and disability.
To ensure we remain focused and true to our aims we have a strategy showcasing what we do and how we we intend to continue and build upon our work.
Our Community Strategy builds on Argyle Community Trust’s desire to make a change to people’s lives using the power of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. The populations that we serve face barriers in relation to health, well-being, education, employment, levels of physical activity, high deprivation in some areas and low attainment levels.
Through the work undertaken as part of our last strategy, through research and consultation there is clear evidence to indicate our work is needed within our community. National, regional and local plans reflect the work that we undertake with the aim of breaking down the barriers stated above.