Full Time (40 Hours)
Sunderland AFC is looking to appoint a groundsperson to maintain the pitches and grounds across all sites to a very high standard. The successful applicant will work alongside the existing ground staff team, reporting to the Head Groundsperson, and contribute to the day to day maintenance of the Academy pitches and surrounding grounds (and pitches at other club venues subject to relevant training and certification).
- Grounds maintenance around all sites
- Maintenance of amenity areas surrounding the Academy
- Working with and contributing to a multi-disciplinary maintenance team
- Working between more than one dedicated site, and as required by the needs of the business.
- Driving of multiple gang mowers, verti-drain machinery, tractors, subject to training and relevant certification.
- Collection of litter and leaves around the building and the playing surfaces
- Weeding of all curb lines and plant beds
- Following training to carry out multiple work tasks without supervision, within limits of responsibility.
- Assistance with Stadium of Light and Hetton Centre pitch maintenance as required.
- In accordance with training and qualification requirements other tasks would include mowing, top-dressing, marking out and pitch preparation on matchdays, including divoting at half and full-time
- Applicants should have the relevant qualifications for grounds maintenance/groundskeeping.
- Experience in working with grounds machinery is essential as well as working within a grounds team.
- A valid driving licence is desirable