At TOCA Everybody Plays! We seek to transform the soccer experience by building communities that inspire everybody to play. This shared TOCA experience is the basis of a global, inclusive TOCA community in which we all share our love of the World’s most popular sport.
What makes a TOCA Teammate? An individual that seeks to...
- Play Hard
- Care Deeply
- Grow Together
- Strive for Excellence
- Create Awesome Experiences
Job Description Highlights:
Reports To: Technical Director
Location: Rocky River, OH
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
Role Scope & Requirements:
We are seeking an individual with an ability to lead individual player development and collective team development. The Staff Coach will be responsible for executing the Cleveland Force SC game model to ensure a consistent and coherent identity across all of our teams. The Staff Coach should possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict in a professional manner. This position reports to the Technical Director and is responsible for the development of youth players according to the Cleveland Force SC Game Model and Player Development Philosophy.
- Oversee all aspects of three (3) NPL/GLA Boys teams while assisting other age groups.
- Serve as a lead trainer for internal supplemental training programs offered seasonally by the club
- Oversee all aspects of one (1) summer Super Y Boys team
- Design and execute daily training sessions - three (3) training sessions per week per team
- Aid player development and motivation by providing positive and constructive feedback that is delivered in an appropriate method
- Demonstrate a willingness to further personal knowledge and development
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the club’s policies and all applicable laws, particularly regarding the safeguarding of youth/minor players
- Develop recruitment strategy in partnership with Cleveland Force SC coaching staff, and ensure successful execution of said strategy
- Recruitment, selection, guidance, development and evaluation of youth soccer players
- Attend, assist and support other teams and events as requested by the Technical Director
- Conduct and participate in weekly staff meetings to address any administrative and operational needs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum USSF C License
- Previous experience coaching in a regional league
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive, cross-functional relationships within the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Additional expert knowledge in other areas of youth development preferred (for example Goalkeeping, Sports Performance, Video Analysis, Child Education, Sports Medicine or Psychology)
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to consistently work from the Cleveland Force office in Rocky River, OH
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and regularly travel to out of town games and events
TOCA Football, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.