Department: Marketing, Media & Brand
Location: St Andrew’s Stadium & Epic Centre
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Application closing date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
• Manage the creation, scheduling, and publishing of relevant and original high-quality content on the Club’s social media channels.
• Attend all first team home and away fixtures to provide live social media coverage and matchday social media duties.
• Create an on-going social media strategy which compliments the Club’s marketing, sales and PR strategies.
• Produce monthly reports on social media output, growth, and fan sentiment relating to KPI’s
• Produce and maintain a monthly social media content calendar based on principles of giving fans ‘reason to care’ content and ‘drive to live’ gameday excitement building content.
• Provide ongoing analysis and optimisation of all social content, promotions, and campaigns.
• Attend Club events and support with coverage on the Club’s official social channels.
• Identify football social trending topics and new technologies and platforms.
• Agree and adhere to style guide and social media templates for day-to-day and matchday processes.
• Ensure ticket and merchandise sales are reflected on club channels, as well as delivering social sponsorship activation.
• When required deliver content to Academy channels.
• Marketing, media, or digital qualification to degree level or equivalent experience.
• Continued evidence of CPD.
• Proven ability to build engaged audiences.
Knowledge and Skills
• Can demonstrate previous excellence in social media, delivering tangible results.
• An expert content planner who is well organised, working weeks and months in advance.
• Understanding of social media platforms and how they differ.
• Experience using monitoring, analytical and social reporting tools and how they impact on social content creation.
• Ability to respect confidentiality.
• Excellent writing and proof reading skills with outstanding aptitude for the English language and the ability to write concisely and fluently.
• Excellent people and communication skills with the ability to effectively manage and delegate appropriately.
• SEO expertise.
• Worked within football previously.
• Worked for a club or team.
• Ability to edit video content.
• Ability to use content management systems.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
• Experience with above the line social media advertising.
• Knowledge of paid social campaigns.
• Must be able to generate creative ideas.
• Must possess drive, show initiative, and have a desire to work in a fast-moving environment, in a team that produces content on a daily basis.
• Excellent personal presentation and professional image.
• Scrupulous attention to detail.
• Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Terms of Appointment
• 37.5 hours per week.
• 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
• 6-month probation period.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community. We will consider applications solely based on merit regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, background, or family circumstance.
Birmingham City FC promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we welcome applications from all individuals in society. If you have any particular requirements or need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application.
All candidates are required to complete our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Survey using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/ymR2zBpuNf. The survey will take approximately 1 minute to complete, is completely voluntary and you can respond with “prefer not to say” to any questions that you do not feel comfortable in answering. All responses will remain anonymous, and we will use the information collected to review our recruitment processes and ensure we continue to encourage a diverse and inclusive working environment to help us achieve our equality objectives.