Job Title: Technical Lead, Recreational Program
Location: City of Barrie and surrounding areas
Reportsto: TechnicalDirector, Club
Seasonal Contract: March 18th, 2024 to Sept 18th, 2024 (with annual renewal)
Job Post Closing: January 29, 2024
The Barrie Soccer Club, established in 1968, is a not-for-profit organization that serves over 2,500 members. Our Club mission is to provide our members with an opportunity to enhance their appreciation of the game of soccer through a commitment to player development. We will support this by promoting physical, social, and technical development, with an emphasis on team spirit, sportsmanship, and respect.
• Organize parent handbooks, schedules, and equipment
• Assist Coaches/game leaders with skill sessions and game management
• Fill in for coaches as needed
• Scout and identify players during the season.
• Respond to questions or concerns regarding the recreational program and coaches/ game leaders.
• Attend and oversee multiple training sessions on different nights of the week (including Saturdays)
• Create a fun, safe and physically active environment for all players
• Provide weekly status updates and touch base with Technical Director
• Follow the club’s technical curriculum outlined by the Technical Director
• C License or University/College Playing experience
• Learn to Train, Fundamentals, Children's License
• Standard First Aid- (Nice to have)
• Making Headway
• Safe Sport Training
• Respect in Soccer
• Making Ethical Decisions
• Criminal Record Check (CRC)