Supporting the Language & Interpretation Services Manager with the overall Language Services project including Translation and Interpretation before and during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 from the perspective of the host country.
This involves communication, coordination and integration with various host country stakeholders including internally with other departments, the Q22 and FIFA, alongside development and management of the Languages Services project and resources.
• Support with the HC Language Services strategy, team and processes to deliver the services on time and with the best quality.
• Process translation and interpretation requests from all HC Projects.
• Assist in managing and developing the Language Services team and associated contractors or volunteer resources.
• Participate in Language Quality Assurance and Language Quality Control processes.
• Support the Language & Interpretation Services Manager with managing relationships both internally and externally with all key stakeholders up to the most senior levels.
• Support with the translation and Interpretation project’s budgeting, material and IT planning
• Assist in managing Translation, Interpretation and Language Services volunteer divisions.
• Proactively contribute to and foster a knowledge-sharing environment with colleagues and other departments - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
• Ensure seamless internal client servicing processes are implemented and clear reporting tools are established
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
• Master’s degree in Language Services or relevant discipline
• Special CAT-tool trainings is an asset
• Project Management trainings is an asset
Experience and skills
• Overall 10 years experience with minimum 5 years’ working experience professional experience in Language Services/Translation & Interpretation Services preferably on Service provider’s side;
• Minimum 5 years’ working with various CAT and Terminology tools;
• Deep knowledge of the interpretation equipment;
• Exhibit superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate in a dynamic environment, managing multiple work streams across broad disciplines;
• Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to the Language & Interpretation Services Manager;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent sense of planning and organisation;
• Sense of priorities and ability to deal with the unexpected / not planned;
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and maintain a high level of professional performance in a highly stressful situation;
• Proficiency in English (Arabic native speaker – beneficial);
• Ability to perform analyses and compile information quickly and accurately;
• Ability to remain efficient within a changing environment and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities or people.