Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
The Chicago Fire Soccer Club is seeking a dynamic Junior Graphic Designer to contribute to the team’s creative and design efforts. This individual will be tasked with executing design needs across the entire company while working within the Marketing and Communications department. The ideal candidate will focus on solving problems to build the business of the club and be imaginative in thinking, collaborative in process, and innovative in approach.
- Help with planning and creation for all design initiatives, including marketing materials, advertising campaigns, digital and social, in-stadium signage, corporate partnership assets, and ticketing, among others
- Assist with actively managing the club’s brand in all design applications and development of additional campaign marks and creative concepts
- Manage a variety of design projects from creative brief to finished output
- Assist with the development and buildout of assets for advertising and marketing campaigns
- Create visual identities for both internal and corporate partner events and programs
- Help maintain brand integrity across all club touchpoints
- Provide art direction for photographers, agencies, and vendors as needed
- Prepare images for digital and print through color correction and photo retouching
- Contribute to the marketing team’s overall strategy and success in both team and cross-department meetings
- Execute various tasks on matchdays and support club initiatives and special projects as needed, including special events
- Assist with real-time creation of graphics and GIFs for coverage of the first team’s matches as needed
- Provide creative thinking to help solve business problems for a variety of stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience, preferably in sports marketing
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Portfolio must demonstrate a good eye for composition, creativity, color and typography
- Experience in art direction a plus, including an ability to provide succinct creative feedback
- Demonstrated experience in print design with layout for sales and marketing collateral
- Demonstrated experience in web design with layout for email, web, and social media graphics
- Desired experience in photography both in shooting imagery and providing shot list direction
- Experience creating motion graphics, specifically in Adobe After Effects or Photoshop
- Proven ability to interact and brainstorm concepts within a team setting
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when needed
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Great communicator, professional in presentation and able to work with multiple stakeholders and personalities
- A good understanding of print production processes
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Solid writing/proofing skills a plus
- Strong typography skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, including all home games (or other work events) that fall on nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Solid understanding of responsive web development and device limitations
- Demonstrated ability to convert Photoshop/Illustrator designs to HTML/CSS
- Experience working within a responsive web environment and how to create a fluid design across breakpoints
- Copywriting experience
- Working knowledge of soccer and familiarity with Major League Soccer
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
Applications must include a portfolio link to move forward in the screening process. Please provide a portfolio link here if it is not included in your application.
What is your desired base salary range for this position?