An exciting job opportunity has arisen at Leeds United Football Club for a UK Scout.
The UK Scout will be responsible for providing scout coverage of UK markets – both live and video and to work closely with the Technical Scouts who provide data and analysis to identify potential players to recruit as players for Leeds United FC.
Elland Road has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is ‘the only place for us’ ever since. With a capacity of 37, 890, it is one of England’s largest football grounds.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
- To Work as an integral member of the scouting network in identifying players for the club who meet the criteria and potential to represent Leeds United FC.
- To be responsible for identifying and reporting on the most talented players in their designated geographical area.
- To regularly liaise with and attend scouting meetings with the Head of Recruitment, Technical Scouts and other scouts covering UK and European markets to update all scouting activity and targeted players.
- To promote a professional image of the club at all times and ensure that the ‘Best in Class’ reputation of Leeds United FC remains intact.
- To maintain knowledge of the standard of players required to improve playing squads and maintain accurate and detailed reports of all matches attended and ensure players are targeted on specific databases.
- To attend training in-service as required by the club and to adhere to all club guidelines.
- To cover matches and analyse video data as directed by and agreed with by Head of Recruitment
- To be in regular contact with Heads of Recruitment in relation to information.
- Develop an extensive network of contacts within geographical area designated to ensure the club has a working knowledge off all talented players and build positive working relationships with agents & clubs across the geographical area.
- Ensure all Players are reporting on LUFC’s internal system are of a high standard and in a timely fashion
- Be proactive in sourcing key information
- Abide by Leeds United recruitment department standard protocols and procedures at all times and
embed LUFC’s recruitment values across all sections of the department
- Ensure all games attended are logged using the department’s internal tracking systems
- Continue to build upon the clubs internal database of players throughout the UK markets
- Develop, maintain and enhance an understanding of Leeds United current players and club DNA in
order to effectively benchmark potential identified external talent
- Possess a sound knowledge and understanding of all youth development rules and regulations with scouting players
Technical Skills & Experience we are looking for:
- Knowledge of local football & geographical areas
- Experience or a background in scouting
- Understanding and in-depth knowledge of football techniques and skills in shooting, manipulating, passing and controlling the ball
- Observation skills
- Strategic planning, organising and co-ordinating skill
Behavioural attributes we are looking for:
- Inspires others and is a positive role model
- Is personable and able to connect and build relationships with others easily
- Demands high standards and has an attention to detail
- Shares the vision and values of the Academy and is motivated to achieve its objectives
- Possesses a passion for talent development and are motivated to work with young players
- Able to work in a high-profile environment with regular media coverage and public interest
- Is responsible and acts in the best interests of the Academy
- Is open minded, innovative and willing to explore new ideas/concepts
- Enjoys facing challenges and have the resilience and resourcefulness to see complex tasks through
- Is proactive and able to identify and mitigate risks
- Is a collaborator and relishes the opportunity to work alongside others to overcome challenges and achieve goals
- Willing to share their knowledge experience as part of a community of practice
- Able to work with players, staff and other stakeholders of varying ages, experience, backgrounds and
- Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
- Possesses a strong work ethic and are motivated to be the best they can be
- Able to promote the positive image of the Academy and the Club
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliable, punctual & honest
- Excellent communication skills
- Positivity and objectiveness
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
SAFEGUARDING & RECRUITMENT:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.