Tottenham Hotspur Foundation (the Foundation) is a registered charity and the community arm of Premier League football club, Tottenham Hotspur. The Club, through the Foundation, seeks to use the power and unique appeal of football to provide opportunities that change lives throughout its local community.
The Foundation is based at the Grade II-listed 18th century Percy House on Tottenham High Road – painstakingly restored by the Club as part of the wider sport-led regeneration of the area. We are driven by a passion for creating positive change in people’s lives within an area of significant socio-economic deprivation, yet where a vibrancy and richness of talent and ambition exists. The Foundation harnesses and builds on this through a range of projects and initiatives to pursue, achieve and sustain desired impacts and outcomes, utilising partnerships within the private, not-for-profit, and public sectors.
The Foundation is seeking an experienced and dynamic Schools Manager to lead a small team to ensure that the Foundation’s school education strategy is successfully implemented and achieves its aims within the boroughs we operate in (Haringey, Enfield, Waltham Forest & Barnet). The post holder will ensure the continued development of the delivery, and inform the evolution of the Foundation’s school strategy, working in partnership with key stakeholders to accomplish this.
The successful candidate will be committed to upholding Tottenham Hotspur Foundation’s policies and procedures, specifically around Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety – reflecting the Club’s commitment to promoting the welfare of participants and inclusivity for all.
To oversee the management of all education provision within the Foundation, namely the successful delivery of the Premier League Primary Stars and Inspires projects. Lead, contribute, co-design and support coordination with wider Foundation projects, activities and events.
- Plan, develop, implement and grow the Foundation's education offer to school partners across our boroughs of operation.
- Identify, create, and manage strong relationships with a range of educational establishments to ensure the ongoing success of Foundation projects.
- Maximise income generation of unrestricted funding through recruitment of schools into our projects. This will also entail exploring new models and means of generating income through education activities.
- Develop and implement robust quality assurance mechanisms to ensure the highest standards are maintained across Foundation’s education delivery.
- Create opportunities to expand and enhance the Foundation’s education offer, taking into consideration opportunities to include a curriculum suitable for further/higher education.
- Oversee and inform the planning, monitoring, and forecasting of project budgets
- Ensure all project KPI’s and outcomes are achieved for all education projects.
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate the success of education projects, in line with the Foundations’ impact reporting framework and the requirements of funders.
- Lead and support a team of Programme Coordinators.
- Undertake performance reviews on a regular basis, identifying areas of strength and development needs and implementing strategies to support and develop staff within your team.
- Create maintain and update media information, statistics, and case studies to publicise the impact of the programme.
- Liaise with the PR/Communications team on any good news stories or website/social media promotion of activities.
- Maintain reporting monitoring platforms, including registers, Salesforce, risk assessments, and any relevant reporting documents, in line with Foundation expectations and Premier League requirements.
- Participate in staff training offered by the Foundation during the term of employment.
- Be aware of and comply with all emergency procedures and the Health & Safety at Work Act relating to the various delivery sites you will work across
- Perform all responsibilities in line with legislative guidance and Club/Foundation policies on safeguarding, safer working and ED&I practices.
- Acts with integrity at all times
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Has a precise nature and a very high attention to detail
- Communicates confidently and sensitively
- A problem solver, who overcomes setbacks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a sport or related degree or experience of successfully working in a similar role.
- Experience working with children in a school/educational environment
- Understanding of the National Curriculum
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluating, and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at various levels
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills.
- IT literate – proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have the equivalent of a GCSE grade A-C or functional skills level 2 in English and Maths
- A commitment to safeguarding and health and safety
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of delivering a Premier League Primary Stars or Inspires programme
- UEFA C Certificate (or equivalent UKCC Level 2 coaching qualification in a different sport) or willing towards achieving this within the first 12 months in role.
- Experience of working for a Club Community Organisation (CCO).
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our participants and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to enhanced DBS checks including the child’s and adult’s barred list checks, satisfactory references and a UK Right to Work check as part of safer recruitment procedures.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.