Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes.
As part of Stadium’s multipurpose use, the Club runs several successful visitor attractions including the Stadium Tours and The Dare Skywalk, welcoming around 200,000 guests annually. The Club recently announced a 15-year partnership with Formula 1 that will bring a brand-new motorsport experience to London. The partnership will see the exclusive delivery of the world’s first in-stadium electric karting facility F1 DRIVE London, based at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced F1 DRIVE Duty Manager to join the team.
With a primary focus on managing the on-site visitor experience for F1 DRIVE London, the Duty Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operation of our facility across all visitor touchpoints. Your key responsibilities include maintaining a consistent level of service excellence, exceptional customer engagement, revenue optimization and health and safety of the track and experience.
Your duties extend to the recruitment, comprehensive training, and ongoing coaching of our entire team, including team leaders and lead marshals. This multifaceted role demands a flexible schedule, requiring your availability on a 5-day workweek, including match days, weekends, and school holidays.
- Ensure the smooth, efficient, and productive operation of F1 DRIVE London in collaboration with the senior management team and marshals.
- Take full responsibility for the health and safety of the facility, including conducting risk assessments, staff training, and enforcing safety protocols.
- Coordinate track maintenance and facility upkeep to provide an exceptional experience for customers.
- Collaborate with the mechanic to schedule and plan track moves and changeovers.
Team Management and Training:
- Proactively lead and manage a diverse team of karting staff, including team leaders, mechanics, marshals, and hosts.
Develop hiring, training, and staffing plans to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Encourage teamwork, foster a positive work environment, and motivate the team to deliver the highest standards of service.
Strategy and Innovation:
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and motor sport regulation updates.
- Regularly evaluate and enhance operational procedures and processes to improve efficiency and elevate the customer experience.
- Manage all technological systems used within the facility and ensure their optimal performance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all, internal teams, third parties and integrations involved in the karting facility's operations.
- Leads by example, embodies the Spurs Way values, and fosters a positive culture.
- Values and respects others, builds effective relationships, and collaborates seamlessly.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, delivering results to the highest standards, and taking ownership of responsibilities.
- Adaptable and flexible with working hours.
- Calm and effective problem solver, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in a supervisory role in a Karting Track or similar is essential.
- Passion for go karting with an in-depth understanding of the sport and its operational aspects.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Solid knowledge of motor sports, including racing regulations, safety standards, and industry trends.
- Customer-centric approach with a commitment to delivering exceptional service.
- Dedication to maintaining and enforcing safety protocols for the well-being of customers and staff.
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis, and resource allocation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Basic knowledge of go kart maintenance.
- Familiarity with booking systems.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are to be reminded they would be subject to various background, DBS, and reference checks for this role.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.