What’s the role?
Chelsea FC are recruiting for a Digital Platforms Executive to join the marketing department. Reporting to the Digital Platforms & Delivery Lead, this key role will be instrumental in supporting the wider marketing team in delivering outstanding digital experiences across multiple web projects, delivering to high technical, visual and accessibility standards
With global reach, our digital platforms including chelseafc.com and The 5th Stand App are key touchpoints for fans. Your role as Digital Platforms Executive is to provide first-line technical support to the marketing team and wider business and continue to iterate and improve features on web, with the support and guidance of our Senior Developer and external development agency.
You’ll be working with the wider digital platforms team to bring to life custom templates, implement analytics tracking and manage and prioritise technical requests, so an ability to manage workload and meet deadlines is key, as well as managing communication on delivery timelines to the wider team.
● Day-to-day website management through our CMS platform, including making content updates, creating new pages and improving features on web
● Investigating and fixing bugs and issues as discovered/reported
● Supporting the team across multiple web-projects and delivering to high technical, visual and accessibility (WCAG) standards
● Participate in team discussions to help identify the best technical solutions
● Identify and deliver optimal solutions for front-end web development issues
● Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly; testing sites/applications in different browsers (versions)
● Managing and prioritising incoming job requests from internal and external stakeholders
● Managing and uploading of adverts through Google Ad Manager as well as identifying and fixing issues to improve result
● Implementing tracking on web using GTM and supporting with requirements gathering for tracking on app
● Managing and prioritising incoming job requests, assigning these between internal development and external agency tickets
● Creating and sharing documentation/guides on functionality to end business users
● Triaging fan support and user feedback for web and app
● Support the digital delivery lead in managing third party and agency relationships.
● Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications and processes.
● Assess competitor web sites and make improvement recommendations
Essential skills & experience
● Experience working with a variety of CMS platforms
● 2-3 years experience in website development
● Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
● Experience of browser testing and debugging
● Good understanding of web standards and best practices including technical SEO, accessibility and usability.
● Proven experience working with Content Management Systems
● Experience using project/team management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Desired skills & experience
● Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and infrastructure configuration
● Familiarity with A/B testing tools
● Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
● A good eye for design and a strong interest in UI/UX
● Ability to build web experiences sympathetic to the creative vision; liaising with the product team, the wider business and external stakeholders
● Excellent communication skills to present and collaborate with the team
● A strong will and eagerness to learn, learn and learn some more
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
As a team we’re hardworking, resilient, brave and proud. We constantly strive to do the right thing. We’re involved and highly committed, taking challenges in our stride and focusing on improving and evolving.
We work to win and are driven to create optimum business performance. Our success is underpinned by our diverse and inclusive attitude, creating an environment where everyone is welcome and treated equally. If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea.
We have more than 150 unique roles that help us reach our goals. Whether it’s by supporting the teams on the pitch in our coaching, medical, sport science, analytics, player recruitment or grounds teams or off the pitch, in departments such as venue and stadium operations, sponsorship, marketing, legal, finance and HR.
No matter what our teams do, they’re brave and decisive and always look for new ways to stand out from the crowd. Our Values are important to us.