U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Men’s National Team Performance Analyst is responsible for collaborating in the design and delivery of data & video analysis to support the technical staff in all phases of the game during domestic and international competitions. Their role is to ensure all
research is done in a clear, effective, and efficient way to optimize performance within the Men’s National Team environment.
- Travel extensively with the Men’s National Team into training camps and games domestically and abroad
- Work in tandem with the Men’s National Team Technical Staff in and out of camp, supporting all analysis and technology needs within federation guidelines
- Record, capture and code all Men’s National Team games and training sessions while in a camp environment
- Contribute to the design and delivery of all performance analysis support, including (but not limited to) training, pre-match, in-game, post-match, individual player support, scouting/player monitoring, team tracking
- Implement organizational structure of all team content (i.e., video, opponent information, set pieces, etc.) to ensure efficient and effective workflows
- Maintain opposition scouting framework with other staff leads, including (but not limited to) video collection and tagging, data profiles and presentation creation
- Consolidate and create content to be used for teaching materials based on team principles and style of play
- Help create automated scripts and reports to enhance the delivery of information and efficiency of workflows within the MNT environment
- Collaborate with other analysts within the federation to improve and expand on analysis processes
- Develop strong working relationships across the multi-disciplinary team, sharing and informing best practice
- Manage and create relationships with external technology partners to enhance the support of performance analysis
- Stay up to date on latest performance analysis research/technology and help support other colleagues’ development within the federation
- Support Sporting Analytics and US Soccer in developing internal and external research in this area
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Performance Analysis, Mathematics, or equivalent area of study
- Minimum 4 years applied experience as a video analyst (or similar role) working with coaches and performance staff
- Proven track record of establishing and delivering a robust performance analysis system around data collection, data management, and data dissemination
- Experience working with various performance analysis equipment and technology (specifically SportsCode, Hudl Studio & Keynote)
- Ability to operate a drone and hi-pod
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills – the ability to convey the ‘story’ from the data
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Must be able to connect “micro” details to the “macro” vision and mission
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Strong knowledge and understanding of soccer (tactics, principles of play, modern trends) and the overall landscape of the sport in the U.S.
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the year
- Passion for soccer
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Knowledge and understanding of a programming language (Python, R or SQL)
- Practical experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) a plus
- Excellent organizational, data collection, planning, and leadership skills
- Thorough institutional knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s mission, goals, technical plan, policies, practices, and procedures
- Previous experience with a club or national team
U.S Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.