Luton Town Football Club is seeking to appoint a Groundsperson to work on permanent full-time basis.
To role will support the Head Groundsman and work with the rest of the ground Staff team in the day-to-day management of the Clubs premises, with particular focus on the maintenance and preparation of the pitch for first team home fixtures and other matches.
This will extend to the training facility and across all Club premises. This is a busy and varied role, where matchday and work out of hours is required.
We are ideally looking for an experienced individual who has successfully maintained sports turf to a professional standard. The individual must also hold or be working towards the appropriate technical qualification, such as; Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma in Sports and Amenity Turf Maintenance, or an NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management.
As a Groundsperson at LTFC, you'll be entrusted with a range of essential tasks to ensure our playing surfaces are of the highest quality:
- Carry out regular mowing, edging, and aeration to maintain the pitch at optimal playing condition.
- Apply fertilisers, treatments, and pest control measures as needed to promote healthy turf growth and appearance.
- Accurately mark and paint lines on the field for matches and training sessions, ensuring clear and professional markings.
- Manage and maintain groundskeeping equipment, ensuring they're in excellent working condition.
- Keep a vigilant eye on weather conditions and adjust maintenance activities accordingly to protect the playing surface.
- Work closely with the groundskeeping team to ensure all aspects of the facility are well-maintained.
- Assist in preparing the facility for matches and events, ensuring the grounds are impeccable and ready for action.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations to provide a secure environment for players, staff, and visitors.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Previous experience in sports turf management or groundskeeping, ideally within a football stadium or sports facility context.
- Proficiency in turf care practices, irrigation systems, and the operation of groundskeeping machinery.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to consistently deliver high-quality playing surfaces.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends and evenings, to accommodate match schedules and events.
- A commitment to maintaining exceptional playing conditions.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- This is a full time role