We are looking to recruit a number of highly skilled and motivated casual therapists to join our category 3 academy. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for medical provision for the U9-16 squads on a casual basis. This is a very diverse role which will require excellent communication and organisational skills. In addition, they will work with the Senior Academy Physiotherapist to deliver with the academy injury clinic and match day programme.
Provide medical support to all academy players under the direction of the Senior Academy Physiotherapist.
o Assist in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). Ensure that the necessary medical support services are present at Academy training sessions and games.
o Ensure that the management of injuries effectively meets the Club’s commitments to players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
o Ensure that appropriate recovery and injury prevention strategies are adopted after games and on recovery days.
o Multi-disciplinary communication between staff, players and parents to ensure optimal well-being and development of all players.
o Meet all EPPP guidelines including the recording of all injuries suffered and rehabilitation undertaken by Academy players, and to be responsible for meeting criteria relating to the National Audit of Injury and Rehabilitation.
o Undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
o Maintain honesty and integrity at all times when working with players at the Club.
o Be presentable, smart and personable at all times when representing the Club.
o Undertake all reasonable tasks assigned by the Academy.
• BSc in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation
• Registration with the relevant governing body (e.g. HCPC/CSP/SST/STA/BASRAT)
• Valid FA (Enhanced) DBS Check, or being willing to complete one
• Ability to travel to and from venues where needed
• Valid Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF)
• FA Safeguarding Certificate
• Experience in using PMA to record and report injury data
• Experience of working with children/young adults, ideally in a sports environment
£12.50 per hour. Employment is on a casual basis, as and when required.