As the organiser of some of the biggest and most iconic sport events in the world we lead the way in the sport and event industry.
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Manage the network planning, delivery, and operations for FIFA and Local FIFA subsidiary (LFS) offices, FIFA Tournaments, including the FIFA World Cup
- Review Network Infrastructure design and ensure all aspects of the Network deliverables (Hardware, Passive Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Monitoring and Alerting, etc.) are implemented at venues and offices according to FIFA requirements
- Actively participate in the scope definition, procurement liaison, supplier selection and onboarding of Telco and Network suppliers
- Lead the management of network infrastructure build and implementation, ensuring timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning and decommissioning of venues
- Overseeing the effective and efficient provision of Network services for FIFA Offices, Tournaments and Events at select FIFA Events. Track the progress of network implementation, report status, issues and risks related to Network projects and operations, according to IT governance and keep counterpart aligned
- Performing equipment configuration, tests, handover, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Liaise and / or support with Network projects in clarifying requirements, adhering to robust change management protocol
- Ensure that all information pertaining to the delivery and support of Event Network are communicated to and well understood by all parties
- Deliver technical guidance, coaching & mentoring to team members, including preparation of good practice and educational material for personnel
How will you shape the role and make it your own?
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- A minimum experience of 8-10 years in Network (routing/switching/security/wireless technologies)
- Experience in the Sports / major event industry is a highly recommended
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex Network projects
- Strong IT skills and relevant knowledge in Telecom Service Providers networks, wired and wireless infrastructure design and implementation, network integration and connectivity.
- Should have sufficient experience in networks, protocols, design, commissioning and operation of following systems (WAN/LAN, MPLS, VPN, Routing, VLAN, VoIP, Multicast, NAC, Wireless)
- Technology certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, or equivalent experience
- Proven track of record of delivery of wireless networks in complex and high-density areas
- Expertise in structured cabling (copper and fibre) in a heterogeneous model
- Highly adept at consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building and facilitation
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, proficiency in any other FIFA language (F / ES / GER) is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, training, and presentation skills
- Willing to travel globally (up to 30%), with some trips with a long duration (30 days or more)
- Team player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence