Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic Sports Scientist with the ability to apply scientific principles to improve athletic performance? If so, we have the perfect role for you! Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League is looking for an Academy Sports Scientist to support its Sports Science operations at our Training Ground Facility at Clayton Wood in Trent Vale.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Sports Science and Athletic Development the successful applicant will work in conjunction with the Coaching department and will lead the planning of age group training sessions, primarily for the Youth Development Phase but also assisting with the Professional Development Phase when needed.
· Improving performance through developing, implementing and evaluating various training programmes.
· Providing Sports Science support at tournaments as necessary.
· Attending national and regional meetings, workshops and training courses as appropriate.
· Providing match day Sports Science support and post-match recovery strategies.
· Supporting on field conditioning and rehabilitation in conjunction with the medical staff.
· Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Head of Sports Science and Athletic Development.
Key Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
· BASES accredited (or working towards).
· Experience working within an elite sporting environment is desirable.
· Relevant degree/higher degree in Sports Science is desirable.
· Detailed understanding of football periodization, growth, maturation and long term athletic development within an elite sporting environment.
· Passion for developing young athletes through sessions and other physical development activities, whilst embedding a positive attitude to athletic development.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
The position will be offered on a full time basis, with the successful applicant available to work evenings and weekends when required.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please complete and return the application form which can be obtained via our website https://www.stokecityfc.com/category/job-vacancies along with your CV and covering letter to Human Resources, SCFC Jobs, PO Box 3573, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9LL or email to email@example.com quoting ASCC2305FMPA in the subject line. Alternatively, telephone the Human Resources Department on 01782 592227 for an application form.
The closing date for applications Sunday 11th June 2023.
Stoke City Football Club endorses the principle of Equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the Club will be treated fairly and with respect, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Club is committed to providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in without threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse. Any person associated with the Club can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected and in particular, that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the Club.