The successful candidate will assist the Head Men’s Soccer Coach with recruiting, skill instruction, student-athlete development, monitoring academic performance, community involvement, fundraising, and practice and in-game coaching.
- Recruitment: Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes. Assist with negotiating scholarship offers to prospects as directed by the head coach. Attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation and contact. Coordinate mailing of recruitment materials and recruiting information. Maintain contact with prospective student-athletes. Plan campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
- Coaching: Prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as directed by the head coach. Teach individuals and groups of player specific tasks and skills before, during, and after practice, during season, and off-season. Teach player-to-player sport-specific skills. Teach progressions and drills during daily practice.
- Team Administration: When directed by the head coach, assist in administration of travel arrangements for team by completing the following tasks: organize buses, hotels, and meals for all away games; process necessary paperwork before and after every trip; create itineraries and work with opponents to schedule practice times. Supervise and assign responsibilities to team managers if applicable. Maintain equipment inventory and oversee distribution to athletes. Plan long and short-term team objectives under the leadership of the head coach.
- Academics: Under the direction of the head coach, assist in coordination of enrollment activities of student-athletes. Assist with monitoring academic performance, academic progress, and class attendance of student-athletes and intervene when necessary.
- Campus/Community Communication: Interact with various campus offices and departments. Serve in a leadership role and promote participation in community service activities by student-athletes. Maintain frequent and consistent public contact with high schools, junior colleges, four-year schools and clubs for recruitment, scouting and public relations efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous collegiate experience as a player or coach preferred
To apply, please submit via email:
- A current resume
- A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the “Qualifications” as listed in the job announcement. The applicant may also include other professional experiences that are applicable.
Please email documents to email@example.com