Soccer Systems Technician - Freelance - Dallas
Location: Dallas, TX
Start Date: As soon as possible
WHAT THE JOB IS ALL ABOUT »
As part of the Hawk-Eye team, you will be working on-site at soccer stadia, helping us to deliver cutting-edge technology services at live matches.
You will need to be prepared to work long days at weekends and midweek evenings, as we work whenever sport happens.
We will equip you with the technical training, support and full exposure to our systems to perform your day to day tasks but also to encourage development and progression to help make an impact on what we do.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the set up of the video and injury review systems
- Conducting pre-match checks of the systems in accordance with standard procedures
- Liaising with officials, broadcasters and Hawk-Eye staff, both on-site and remotely
- Monitoring and maintaining the technology during the matches
- Monitoring hardware and software performances, being able to troubleshoot and report encountered issues
- Taking responsibility for our system on-site and represent our company on-site
- Maintaining our hardware and equipment
- Possible work during the off-season to building and maintaining our hardware and equipment
- Assisting with any installation and testing of new products and services
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Ideally a broadcast/engineering background with an understanding of signal flow
- Strong technical grounding
- Proactive attitude and ability to work on your own initiative
- Time management skills and ability to work in a high pressure, live broadcast environment
- Ability to liaise with clients and customers in a professional and approachable manner
- Bright and enterprising
- Relatively flexible and adaptable to a schedule that is dedicated by the fixture list and can change at short notice
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Acceptance that the nature of our business means that work will be carried out over weekends/federal holidays
- A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world.
- Access to some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry.
- Involvement in some of the top sporting events in the world.
- Involvement in a fast-growing business where opportunities for progression are plentiful.
About Hawk-Eye Innovations
Hawk-Eye Innovations have been at the forefront of sports officiating and broadcast enhancement technology since 2001. The world’s biggest sporting events trust Hawk-Eye to make the right call when it matters most.
Hawk-Eye’s vision-processing, video replay and creative graphic technologies make sport fairer, safer, more engaging and better informed. Our innovations are constantly changing the face of sports officiating, production, content management, and fan engagement in every sport.
Hawk-Eye Innovations form a key part of the Sony Sports Innovations Group with a shared mission to deliver best-in-class officiating, broadcast and digital solutions to the sports world.
At Hawk-Eye Innovations, our three core values underpin our success, ensuring that we continue to be a leading innovator in sports technology on a global scale. Our business is filled with exceptional talent that helps to ensure that the World’s biggest sporting events trust us to make the right call when it matters the most. We deliver on this by ensuring that:
- WE ARE BRAVE
- Confident in solving almost impossible problems, pioneering and ambitious for our clients and for ourselves. We are bold leaders in the industry, driven by possibilities and striving with pace and energy. We understand our risks and love the challenge.
- WE ARE OWNERS
- Our business is our own; we feel every win, and especially the losses. We take pride in excellence and trust ourselves to do what’s right, relentlessly. We make decisions like owners, with endeavour and entrepreneurialism. We are serious about what we do, and have fun whilst doing it.
- WE ARE INCLUSIVE
- We are one team; a community that’s connected and open. No secrets, no politics, just honesty and respect. We value diverse thinking, and diverse people - this helps us innovate. We treat people as people, who are all integral to our success and we celebrate as one.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. We celebrate differences. We encourage different opinions and approaches to be heard, and then we come together and build.