At TOCA Everybody Plays! We seek to transform the soccer experience by building communities that inspire everybody to play. This shared TOCA experience is the basis of a global, inclusive TOCA community in which we all share our love of the World’s most popular sport.
What makes a TOCA Teammate? An individual that seeks to...
- Play Hard
- Care Deeply
- Grow Together
- Strive for Excellence
- Create Awesome Experiences
Job Description Highlights:
Reports To: Manager of Soccer Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
Flexible Schedule: Minimum of 15 - 25 hours a week including weekend availability
Role Scope and Requirements:
The Summer Camp Instructor is a seasonal position that works in coordination with the mission of TOCA. We are looking for someone who would like to be a Seasonal Soccer Instructor for TOCA camps and also assist in refereeing Youth and Adult leagues and events during the summer.
- Teach the basics of soccer through competition and practices
- Explain the rules of soccer, including scenarios and the skills necessary to complete
- Be a role model for the kids and lead by example
- Set up and take down all camp equipment daily
- Administration of activities and ensuring campers are staying on task.
- Lead the activity, guide them, participate as a ref, and in some cases, you may participate as an athlete.
- Ensure every camper has fun, learns something new, and learns that every kid gets something out of camp. Even though it’s difficult, challenging the superstars is just as important as teaching the beginners.
- Assist in weekly operations of Summer camps at the facility
- Assist in checking campers in, getting them warmed up for camp, abiding by the camp schedule set in place, and checking campers out upon camp completion
- Know how to deal with conflict when it occurs during camp
- Create meaningful and lasting relationships with kids and their parents to build their trust in you as their camp instructor
- Must display a great attitude, patience, effort, high energy, and engagement to be successful in this role
Knowledge and Experience:
- Athletic background is encouraged but not required
- Previous experience in camps, activities, and youth programs is preferred
- Successful completion of a background check if hired
- Fun, energetic, and positive individual
- Coachable and an understanding that each day brings another task
- Communication skills with fellow teammates and management
- Passionate about sports and working with kids
- Ability to be flexible with responsibilities and tasks
TOCA Football, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TOCA was founded in 2016 by two-time U.S. World Cup and former MLS and English Premier League midfielder Eddie Lewis. He led the development of TOCA's training platform, which employs a proprietary ball machine, digitized targets, and a data-enhanced app to create a welcoming environment for players at every level. TOCA Football, Inc. is currently the largest soccer center operator in North America and an official soccer training partner of MLS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.