The Director of Business Development is part of the Ticket Sales & Services department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
Love soccer? Love talking to people, building relationships, and developing others? Want to spend your weekends surrounded by 19,600 passionate fans? If you answered yes, this might be the role for you. We are looking for a Director of Business Development to oversee the development and execution of new business, while supporting departmental and organizational goals. This is a management role that hires, trains, and supervises sales managers and representatives. The Director of Business Development requires a highly organized, passionate, hard-working, dedicated leader to drive and maximize ticketing revenue.
This position will report to the Vice President, Ticket Sales and is based in Golden Valley, MN.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Create and lead new business ticket sales initiatives
- Manage a team of sales managers and representatives:
- Develop, train, and mentor staff
- Monitor and maximize sales output and results
- Conduct performance reviews
- Recruit and hire new business sales positions
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers
- Exemplify and drive MNUFC culture through company values
- Collaborate with other departments, including Marketing & Communications and Business Intelligence to develop new business campaigns
You might be right for this role if you:
- Passionate about growing the world’s game in the Twin Cities
- Are excited to develop and mentor sales representatives, with previous success leading a team
- Have the ability to develop and maintain relationships through collaboration and consistent, effective, respectful, and timely communication
- Are a team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 6-8 years of sales experience, ticket sales experience preferred
- 2-4 years of ticket sales management experience
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays and weekends as needed
- Proficient computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office and CRM
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.