Loudoun United FC is seeking candidates for the position of Part-Time Goalkeeping Coach. This is an important position within our growing infrastructure with the primary role to oversee the development of the goalkeepers from D.C. United Academy to Loudoun United and ultimately to D.C. United. This is a position that requires a passion for on and off the field development. This position requires collaboration and expertise that can support, track, and improve the individual levels for players within the club’s programming.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and deliver daily sessions according to club’s philosophy.
- Implement individual development plans for each goalkeeper.
- Weekly video review of training and match footage.
- Recording/Logging of all sessions into shared platform for review.
- Statistical breakdown of all games for session design.
- Aid in USL scouting and talent ID
- Minimum of USSF B License
- USSF A License Preferred
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong teaching background.
- Strength in methodology, planning and periodization.
- 5-10 years of goalkeeper coaching experience.
- Ability to plan, analyze, and teach developmental concepts to young goalkeepers.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- Ability and competency utilizing Video Analysis software (HUDL, Sportscode, Spiideo)
- English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination prior to start date.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- A motivated growth-mindset and life-long learner.
- Passionate, positive, and pro-active about player development.
- A strong work-ethic and ability to plan and reflect on trainings and matches.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive to the nuances of player development.
- Versatility that combines practical on-field experiences and off-field planning.
- Innovativeness and adaptability to stay at the leading edge of player development.
- Cooperative spirit, pro-active collaborator.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and professional environment.
- Intrinsically motivated to progress within the club.
- Desire to continue with coaching education and qualifications.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.