TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
WHAT SETS YOU APART
You are self-motivated and detail oriented. This role will be responsible for accurately and efficiently inputting a high volume of invoices for the Club, processing employee expense reimbursements, reviewing, approving, and reconciling credit card reports preparing and supporting the Accounting and Finance team in ad hoc analysis and functions. The ideal candidate has experience in accounts payable, including invoice processing, payment processing, and vendor management. The AP clerk should also be able to communicate effectively with vendors, clients, and internal stakeholders to resolve payment and invoicing issues. We are seeking a professional with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs day-to-day accounting activities on a timely and accurate basis to meet month-end and year-end financial statement close deadlines.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Input vendor invoices for the organization. Ensure GL coding provided by other departments is accurate and invoices are recorded in the proper month. Recognize out of period expenses and record accruals and prepaids to record expenses in proper periods as needed.
- Perform analysis and review of Concur credit card expense reports submitted by employees and record the activity in the GL.
- Detail processing for employee expense reports.
- Record monthly bill for MLS settlements, assist with event settlements and end of the year stadium settlement.
- Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets, including accurate GL coding of invoices, expense reimbursement reports, and credit card expense reports.
- Manage Accounts Payable inbox, correspond with vendor inquiries and resolve any discrepancies noted.
- Maintain internal Invoices inbox where invoices and GL coding is sent
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Contribute to various projects working with minimal supervision, including assisting other departments and team members, as directed to meet company and departmental goals.
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed, including administration work.
- Other duties assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, accounting and banking systems.
- Experience with Netsuite or Concur a plus.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a take-charge, forward-thinking person with critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and who is able to work within a team atmosphere.
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.