An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sheffield United Football Club as we recruit for a First Team Analyst. The role will be pivotal in the development and progression of analysis within the First team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the department and will be responsible for covering all aspects including opposition, post-match, set plays & training analysis for feedback to the Manager, Coaching Staff and Players.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of an analysis strategy that facilitates learning & improves performance.
- Contribute to and lead on various aspects of analysis (opposition, post-match, set plays and training) providing detailed feedback to the manager, coaching staff and players.
- Tailor the delivery of analysis specific for feedback to the team, units and individuals.
- Interpret data, carry out statistical analysis and produce visual and interactive reports for greater insights of performance.
- Carry out databasing in line with the Club's playing philosophy for best practice of the team, units and individuals.
- Contribute to and lead on longitudinal projects looking at tactical trends within and across different competitions.
- Contribute to and develop motivational and supportive materials which can be utilised as part of first team match preparation.
- Contribute to and lead on any other ad hoc tasks requested from within the analysis department or from the coaching staff.
- Remain informed on the advances and progressions within Performance Analysis, sharing such developments with the wider team to ensure best practice across the analysis department.
- Any other reasonable requests as directed by management
- To adhere to all Sheffield United Football Club's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures to foster an environment which protects from harm those defined as children and adults at risk.
- To report any concerns of a Safeguarding nature to the relevant parties and remain fully compliant with any applicable Safeguarding checks and due diligence and recognise your responsibility to the Club's Safeguarding agenda.
- To report any concerns of discrimination to the relevant parties and promote a welcoming and inclusive club environment for all.
- To adhere to the Club's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies, supporting the Club to create an environment which is inclusive and all-encompassing.
- To carry out/take part in training requests as directed by the Club.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- BSc Sports Science/Sport Performance Analysis (or relevant degree topic)
- MSc Sports Science/Sport Performance Analysis (or relevant degree topic)
- Sufficient experience in performance analysis at an elite level of football
- Sufficient experience and competent in using coding and telestration software
- Sufficient experience and competent in using online scouting and statistical platforms (WyScout, Opta etc)
- The ability to motivate and engage the first team squad and coaching staff
- Strong attention to detail, good organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and committed to professional development
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Demonstrate a high level of tactical understanding to be able to identify in detail all aspects of the clubs' & opposition's playing philosophies.
- Clean UK driving licence with access to a vehicle.