Blackpool FC Academy are seeking an ambitious Head of Academy Recruitment to manage the clubs academy recruitment operations across all phases of the Academy player pathway.
Candidates should demonstrate an excellent track record in previous roles and be able to show a clear understanding of how to structure an elite recruitment department that allows the clubs to achieve its objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
Head of Academy Recruitment
Head of Academy Recruitment
The Head of Recruitment (HOR) at Blackpool FC Academy is responsible for the direction and strategic plan for talent identification and recruitment into the academy. The HOR must create, manage and direct a team of recruitment staff to produce excellent results in player recruitment across the academy performance pathway. A detailed strategy must be created and delivered in line with EPPP guidelines and must enhance our academy operation to surpass that of our regional competition.
Summary of Duties
1. Work with coaching staff to identify target positions for each age group throughout the academy
2. Assess fixtures across professional academy programmes and grass roots football assigning scouts accordingly.
3. Act on information promptly and make decisive decisions to be primary club of choice for players
4. Provide coaching staff with specific information on incoming players and monitor regularly throughout initial trial.
5. Work closely with academys player profiles to bring in players who can be developed within our coaching programme
6. Produce statistics and further relevant data of the recruitment departments performance on a monthly basis to the Academy Director
7. Work closely with Academy Director to set targets for recruitment staff and monitor their performance on a monthly basis
8. Lead monthly recruitment staff meetings assessing KPIs for areas to develop in the department
9. Attend all player progression meetings through the pathway and advise on recruitment opportunities at all age groups
10. Work with Sporting Director to assist in scouting fixtures and working on succession plans for 18-23s.
11. Ensure any players are inducted prior to arriving at the club and all administration is completed to the standards set out by the club and EFL
12. Further develop own knowledge and qualifications throughout employment keeping up to date with the latest trends and strategies
13. Build and maintain a network of contacts across all key target clubs and areas including grassroots and academy football
14. Forge strong links with local grassroots football, BFC Community Trust and Schools in the local area
15. Manage all administrative duties regarding PMA and other platforms used by the department
16. Conduct mid-trial and end of trial reviews with Lead Phase coaches in a formal process for players and parents
17. Work closely with Head of Coaching regarding succession charts for the academy looking at long term objectives and targets.
18. Create detailed databases of players across all age groups to accurately record potential academy players.
Candidates who wish to apply for the role should send in writing a formal application which includes CV and Covering letter to HR@blackpoolfc.co.uk
The closing date for applications will be Friday 16th June
Blackpool Football Club Ltd and the EFL are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions, including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Equality and Diversity: Employees must always carry out their duties with due regard to Blackpool Football Club’s policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.