Established in 1986, City in the Community is the registered charity of Manchester City and exists to empower healthier lives through football. Reaching 20,000 people each season, programmes place physical and mental wellbeing at their core, whist also creating healthy futures and healthy communities.
The purpose of this role is to work with 11–25-year-olds by contributing to several education and employability programmes, ranging from high school, College BTEC, employability provision and Degree level delivery. The role supports the progression and transition of participants through our 11+ programmes and is responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluating these programmes, ultimately supporting to development of relationships with partner organisations.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1. Delivering Work-Based Learning seminars for the BSc/FdSc Community Sports Coaching Degree that engage and inspire Undergraduates including face-to-face sessions and remote/online learning.
2. Working in partnership with 11+ Education Officers to support competitive activities, provide a high-quality games programme and support the delivery of an employability programme to City Careers participants that engages and prepares young people for the workplace.
3. Supporting the matchday activities and training delivery of the CITC BTEC programme in collaboration with partner colleges.
4. Being accountable for progress and reporting on set KPIs and outcomes associated with each project to develop, maintain, and grow a strong working relationship with 11+ partners.
5. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all learners, to closely monitor attendance, punctuality and behaviour, giving them the best opportunity for progression and attainment. Ensuring consistent focus on increasing confidence, behaviour and awareness of higher education and the football industry to raise participant aspirations across all programmes.
6. Regularly reviewing individual performance within the team to assess, identify and provide training and CPD opportunities which continuously improves the standard of delivery of the programmes.
7. Leading recruitment events for BTEC and Degree programmes, building links with local schools and careers advisors. This will also include attending all parent evenings and career days/evenings which further develop relationships and standards.
8. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with teaching staff and education providers to monitor satisfaction levels and ensure the programmes continue to offer an innovative and exciting curriculum.
9. Ensuring that CITC’s Safeguarding policy and procedures are embedded to the highest standard across the team. Work to ensure that safeguarding practices and principles are adhered to, ensuring our legal and moral obligations towards the framework.
10. Ensuring that all CITC and CFG policies and procedures are adhered to across the team, escalating any breaches as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Educated to degree level in a relevant field (Education, Sports, Coaching)
In-depth understanding of BSc Community Sports coaching or similar
Strong understanding of the employability landscape across Greater Manchester
Experience in planning and delivering high-quality coaching/education sessions which are challenging and inclusive of the needs of the group.
Solid experience in working in and liaising with schools, colleges and educational stakeholders
Experience and knowledge of working within a brand environment and understanding the responsibilities that are associated with representing a Premier League Football Club
Minimum Level 2 Coaching Certificate in any sport
Competent across Microsoft Office
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Creative and passionate about continuous improvement
Resilient and adaptable to change
Ability to simultaneously coordinate a variety of different projects
Full driving licence
Coaching Level 2 qualification in one other relevant sport
Understanding of City in the Community Foundation and its projects
Knowledge of higher/further education pathways
Budget management and reporting
Mentoring qualification or proven experience of mentoring students
Experience in building relationships with external organisations and maintaining internal partnerships.
Excellent communication and motivation skills
Knowledge and understanding of Learning Through Sport and Business (LTSB)