Established in 1986, City in the Community is the registered charity of Manchester City and exists to empower healthier lives through football. Reaching 20,000 people each season, programmes place physical and mental wellbeing at their core, whist also creating healthy futures and healthy communities.
The purpose of this role is to deliver on a BTEC programme in partnership with a partner college and mentor participants. The aim of the role is to provide a role model figure to participants and provide a holistic approach to their education. In addition, the programme provides a competitive football element to a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport programme.
Accountabilities with Key Outcomes:
1. Be responsible for planning and delivering practical football / sport sessions on the BTEC programme to maintain high delivery standards, including face to face session and remote/online learning
2. Working in partnership with BTEC officer and Lead BTEC Coach to facilitate CITC’s extra -curricular activities to provide a high-quality games programme.
3. Being accountable for progress and reporting on set KPIs and outcomes associated with each project to develop, maintain and grow a strong working relationship with partner colleges.
4. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all learners, to closely monitor attendance, punctuality and behaviour at training sessions and match fixtures in a timely manner to drive the high standards of CITC and partner organisations.
5. Developing and maintain excellent working relationships with teaching staff and education providers to develop an innovative and exciting curriculum.
6. Representing CITC at partner college events to support our relationships and generate recruitment interest for new participants. This will include attending all parent evenings and career days/evenings to enhance CITC exposure.
7. Planning, delivering, and supporting high quality sessions in a variety of community settings, where needed, mainly BTEC provision and team management and ultimately providing participants with excellent experiences.
8. Ensuring that CITC’s Safeguarding policy and procedures are embedded to the highest standard across the team. Work to ensure that safeguarding practices and principles are adhered to, ensuring our legal and moral obligations towards the framework.
9. Ensuring that all CITC and CFG policies and procedures are adhered to, enabling high quality provision to be maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Good understanding of coaching within BTEC programmes
Experience of planning and delivering high quality coaching sessions which are challenging and inclusive to the needs of the group.
Solid experience of working in and liaising with schools, colleges and educational stakeholders
Experience and knowledge of working within a brand environment and understanding the responsibilities that are associated with representing a Premier League Football Club
GCSEs in English, Maths and Science
Minimum Level 2 Coaching Certificate in Football with a view to work towards Level 3 (UEFA B)
Experience of managing a competitive sports team
Competent across Microsoft office
Clean Driving Licence with 2 years driving experience
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Creative and passionate about continuous improvement
Resilient and adaptable to change
Excellent and inclusive team-working abilities
Educated to degree level in relevant area e.g. Sports coaching/Sports Science
Experience of working in a competitive sporting environment
Coaching qualifications in other relevant sports
Understanding of City in the Community Foundation and its projects
Mentoring qualification or proven experience of mentoring students
Experience of building relationships with external organisations and maintaining internal partnerships.
Excellent communication and motivation skills
Youth work experience
Experience of strong behaviour management.
D1 Driving Licence and or Mini-bus driving experience or Qualification