AFC Bournemouth currently have a vacancy for an Academy Age Group Coach (Casual) - U9-16.
Title: Academy Age Group Coach (Casual) - U9-16
- U9-U12 – Foundation Phase Lead Coach
- U13-U16 – Youth Development Phase Lead Coach
- GK – Academy & JTC Goalkeeping Coach
Location: Various (Canford Park Arena & new training ground)
Core Hours: Casual - Evenings & weekends. Varies by age group.
About AFC Bournemouth
Entering an exciting new chapter in its long and storied history, AFC Bournemouth is proud to retain its focus on family and community. Delivering that engagement with our loyal supporters is a passionate and integrated backroom staff, working closely together to provide a positive and lasting experience for all at Vitality Stadium.
Since its takeover by chairman Bill Foley, in a partnership including Hollywood actor Michael B. Jordan, the club has seen significant investment committed towards sustaining AFC Bournemouth in the Premier League, highlighted by the construction of a state-of-the-art training facility and the arrival of promising young talent from top clubs around Europe.
In the academy, there is a continued focus to become a category two academy, and this appointment will play a supporting role in that. This is a really exciting time to join the academy, as we move on to the next stage and continue to support the first team.
- Players First: holding individual player development as the main intention behind decisions made as a coach and wider professional.
- Togetherness: working in a prosocial manner as part of a wider team – willing to contribute beyond own interests.
- Integrity: carrying out academy and club values in an open and honest manner.
- Accountability: willing to take responsibility for actions in a manner which allows learning, growth and reflection.
- Plan, deliver, review and reflect on all training and fixtures for the respective age group in conjunction with Lead Phase Coach, consistent with the methodology as outlined in the AFC Bournemouth Academy Performance Plan.
- Plan and deliver a weekly timetable with the respective academy age group squad that includes match analysis, sports psychology, and athletic development alongside coaching.
- Write and support / lead player reviews, four times per season with players and parents/guardians.
- Assist in planning, delivering and reviewing individual development plans for each player within the relevant age group.
- Complete all relevant feedback to individual players using analysis and PMA platforms.
- To ensure all the respective academy age group squad players fully understand and adhere to rules & guidelines set out for them & manage individual players, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary staff, accordingly.
- Liaise and co-ordinate, with the operations department, the organisation of the respective academy age group squad, where applicable.
- Attend all relevant academy meetings where applicable.
- Attend continued professional development sessions organised by the academy or other professional bodies.
- Attend seasonal safeguarding training as required by the club.
- Adhere to all guidelines contained within the club's Safeguarding Policy.
- Utilise the ‘MyConcern’ system to recognise, respond, report and record’ any safeguarding incidents in a timely and detailed manner.
- As a casual worker you must adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Working with players in the relevant age range based on role applied for, Foundation Phase (9-12) or Youth Development Phase (13-16)
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- UEFA B License
- FA Youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Children
- EFAiF (Emergency First Aid in Football)
- Working with academy footballers at a category two or three level.
- Working full time in high level sporting or education environments.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- UEFA A License
- Advanced Youth Award
- FA Talent ID qualifications
- Degree is associated area.
- Teaching / leadership qualifications
The club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking, loyal and respectful.