We are looking for an ECommerce Experience Optimisation Executive to optimise our on-site supporter/customer experience, by identifying areas of the club’s online store that can be enhanced and testing alternate, improved versions of these web pages
Who we are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Working with the wider team and a suite of user experience (UX) monitoring tools, to identify areas of improvement for customers/supporters on Arsenal Direct.
- Generating test theories and validate opportunities/recommend actions to positively impact our UX and commercial performance.
- Prioritising ideas and hypotheses, to create a formal testing programme.
- Understanding traffic baselines for each area of business being tested, identifying traffic required to achieve statistical significance.
- Objectively deliver testing insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Providing compelling, fact-based intelligence that communicates the story behind the data.
- Collaborating with the ECommerce team and cross-functional partners to develop clear and measurable business and testing objectives and define test KPIs (financial and engagement metrics).
What we are looking for
- Genuine passion for ECommerce & user experience (UX) optimisation.
- Experience of managing a process from initial ideas and concepts through to implementation, audience selection, testing and results analysis.
- Demonstrable evidence of driving substantial improvements in D2C/B2C. ECommerce performance through an A/B or MVT program.
- Advanced knowledge of Monetate A:B testing software (desirable).
- Experience of using Contentsquare & Google Analytics (desirable).
- Excellent analysis, research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of web usability and site structure.
- Ability to create and manipulate HTML/CSS test components.
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.