If you are passionate about football then this is the position for you.
Working within the Sports Participation team at Wycombe Wanderers Foundation, the position gives the valuable opportunities of gaining experience through working with young people, colleagues, and key community partners in sport.
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role involves:
· Working within a football community setting and supporting the delivery of community sport with two particular focuses
· School Sport. Delivering a wide range of Sports lessons and extra-curricular sport sessions in local primary schools
· Community Youth Engagement. Engaging with hundreds of 8-18 year old’s through, turn up & play football sessions as well as a wide range of other constructive activities
· The sessions, within areas of deprivation in Cambridge, are aimed at creating welcoming environments for young people to aspire to fulfil their potential
· The wider community role involves working within the local networks to deliver and support coaching within and across partner community settings and schools
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard or Level 4 Sports Coach in a Community (dependent on experience) , which includes:
· Safeguarding Level 1
· Prevent Duty
· Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
· End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
· Level 3 Community Sport and Health Officer Apprenticeship
· Level 4 Community Sports Coach
· Teaching Assistant with PE Focus in school setting
· PE Teacher – following higher education routes
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
· Organisation skills
· Team working
· GCSE or equivalent MATHS AND ENGLISH (Grade GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or) desirable
Employer's application instructions
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website.
Apply now web address
Please complete our application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org