Wasserman is partner to the world’s most iconic brands, properties and talent in ventures across sports, entertainment, music and culture. We combine the head of a consultancy, with the heart of an agency to provide a range of services to continually make our partners better in everything they do. With expertise in strategic consulting, experiential marketing, creative + content development, and talent management, Wasserman relentlessly strives to transform the businesses of our clients for the better.
At Wasserman, we let our work speak for itself, but also take great pride in our culture and the people who bring it to life in the first place. Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices globally in more than 20 cities including London, New York, Toronto, Raleigh, Carlsbad, The Hague, Portland and Shanghai. Learn more at www.teamwass.com
In Canada, we’ve proudly been recognized as the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada’s ‘Agency of the Year’ for 3 years running. As Wasserman supports hybrid working environments, the successful candidate will be required to work from our office in Toronto 3-days per week, in addition to a locally based remote location.
Wasserman is committed to creating a diverse and supportive work environment for all, and is proudly an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Manager, you will be joining Wasserman’s Activation division to lead the servicing and execution of experiential marketing campaigns for an existing client base, in addition to new business opporutnities. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual who is looking to make a measurable and positive impact in the sports and entertainment space. Harnessing and delivering upon the passion of consumer engagement, guest services and activation surrounding best-in-class campaigns within the marketing industry is a critical component of this role.
You will be an integral part of the integrated team overseeing and leading the successful delivery of in-market brand activations, full funnel marketing campaigns and client servicing from brief to execution. You will know how to harness the objectives of our clients ensuring deliverables and project milestones are delivered meticulously; on-time, on-budget and of a quality expected by Wasserman and its clients. You will also be responsible for managing project specific team members and ensuring all program milestones are achieved.
Collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders, you will help to identify unique opportunities to enhance guest and consumer experiences through strategic and creative reasoning, delivering against specific business objectives, while carefully managing financials, reconciliations and results. This position will experience the full project life-cycle, including strategy, planning, development, activation and measurement, including critical aspects of activation and event hosting.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will have proven sponsorship/experiential related skills within a professional environment, using creative thinking and individual initiative, including the following:
- Ownership of mid to large-scale projects with senior leadership oversight and support the day-to-day management of key client accounts, reporting up as needed
- Manage day-to-day client relationships, establish credibility and proactively anticipate client needs
- Lead the development and execution of all activation plans for marquee events/clients
- Work in a collaborative manner with all Wasserman integrated account leads to ensure flawless project delivery against the client’s objectives and agreed upon budget
- Project lead on budget development and management, including a detailed reconcilation
- Oversee status documents, project critical paths and proactively manage deliverable dates and the team driving against them
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and team focused environment that aligns with Wasserman’s company culture, principles and values (www.teamwass.com)
- Ability to work autonomously while communicating and managing upwards; Ensure progress and matters that require escalation are communicated in a timely manner with proactive problem solving abilities
- Act as liaison with partners and properties, while managing a network of vendors to drive the desired experience and results
- Lead the development of pre and post event reports, including key learnings, insights, analysis, implications and recommendations
- Manage account team as it relates to events/projects (1-3 people at any given time) and ensure tracking towards success
- Participation and engagement with internal Wasserman committees
- 5-7 years relevant experiential &/or sponsorship industry experience
- A valid passport and drivers license are required for event/program travel
- Experience in agency environments, settings and operating models
- Expertise in event development & activation is considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in managing mid-to-large size events and budgets that include building out guest services and brand activations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Noted ability to build creative and visually impactful presentations that seamlessly and coherently articulate the various client briefs, opportunities and potential campaigns
- Experience, poise and confidence in presenting to clients, including executives
- Relevant sponsorship and event operations experience (preferably in the experiential, sports and/or entertainment field)
- Laser sharp attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial drive, supported by a proactive self starter mentality
- Experience in resource tracking and people management
- You thrive working in a fast-paced team environment
- A passion for sports and entertainment, driving culturally relevant experiences
- An energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality – we want to work with great people!
Competitive salary, benefits, RRSP matching and more
Wasserman Media Group is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education and experience.