The Casper Soccer Club is a nonprofit organization, providing soccer programing and opportunities for all ages and abilities to enhance soccer skills, promote a healthy lifestyle and help teach valuable life lessons. Home of the CSC Blades Teams, CSC Rec League, CSC Amateur Adult & TOPSoccer programs.
Position Description: The Director of Coaching (DOC) is a full-time exempt position with the Casper Soccer Club. This person will be working collaboratively with the Executive Director. The DOC is responsible for recruiting, leading, managing, and developing the coaching staff of the Casper Soccer Club. This person will maintain and continue to develop the soccer culture that aligns with the vision, mission, and values of the Casper Soccer Club.
The Casper Soccer Club (CSC) seeks a full-time, exempt employee to serve as the Director of Coaching for the CSC programs. The position involves a hybrid, non-traditional working schedule and may involve evenings and weekends.
The DOC reports directly to the Executive Director. The DOC will supervise the coaching staff, which may include paid staff and/or volunteer staff.
- USSF C License preferred, minimum of an USSF D license.
- United Soccer Coaches National Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years coaching in youth soccer.
- Director of Coaching experience preferred.
- Program coordination experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Knowledgeable about USSF, US Youth Soccer.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Recruit and manage the volunteer coaches for the CSC programs where needed.
- Support the CSC Executive Director with administrative duties related to the coaching staff.
- Articulate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Coordinate and supervise the annual player identification/evaluation process for the competitive teams.
- Execute club standards and culture and unify team programing across the age groups with a technical focus.
- Support and continue to develop the Casper Soccer Club initiatives and programs.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, initiate trainings, clinics, camps, and special programs throughout the year.
- Coordinate appropriate learning/training sessions for player, coach, and parent development.
- Serve as the technical and tactical subject matter expert.
- Ability to diffuse conflict and provide helpful guidance toward resolution.
- Available on-site for training and practice sessions, and hosted events and tournaments.
- Available for designated out of town events/tournaments.
- Arrange quarterly coaching staff meetings with the competitive coaches.
- Provide guidance and mentorship and assist in recruiting and managing the volunteer coaches for rec soccer.
- Willingness and ability to do a broad range of tasks.
- Team player with excellent collaborative skills, able to work productively with various groups, personalities, and perspectives.
- Attend the board meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and independently as well as with others.
Salary / Benefits / Hours
This is a full-time exempt position requiring approximately 40 hours per week. The Club will pay no overtime compensation. Seasonal surge requirements are March through May and August through October. Weekly office (on-site) hours will be required. Flexible hours. 10 days of vacation are available. Annual salary range is $40,000 to $45,000. Additional income opportunities will be made available through seasonal club training, clinics and camps organized by the CSC.