TITLE: Community & Social Impact Manager
DEPARTMENT: Community & Social Impact
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Community and Social Impact
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Do you want to work in a fast-paced sports environment with a keen focus on connecting our brand to the community? Do you have experience managing effective outreach programs and projects? Are you interested in being part of making positive changes that address social injustice challenges? If so, the Social Impact Manager position could be for you. We are looking for a community-minded, professional
self-starter who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating a robust community engagement program that will include a new alumni association. This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to fulfill charitable requests, collaborate on community events, and support the Club’s overall social impact goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate MLS social impact focus areas including Soccer For All, Greener Goals, Kick Childhood Cancer, Youth Engagement, Special Olympics Unified, and Community MVP.
- Coordinate NWSL social impact focus areas including Mental Health Awareness, Breast Cancer Awareness, PRIDE, and Nationwide Community Impact Activation.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate a new alumni association engagement program to include recruitment, enrollment, communication, and administrative support.
- Coordinate nonprofit organizational partnerships, activations and events including, but not limited to, District 5 Backpack giveaway, Grow Healthy Kids ball donation, and soccer equipment donations throughout Central Florida.
- Support Brand Alliance partner activations including, but not limited to, City Furniture Bed Giveaway, Pepsi Scarf the City, Ford School Supply Drive, Audi Sports Equipment Drive, Publix Turkey Giveaway Event, and the APH Holiday Toy Drive.
- Coordinate MLS Special Olympics Unified exchange program to include working closely with Special Olympics Florida, selecting, and managing unified athletes, partners, and coaches, hosting local and away exhibition matches, and coordinating local participation in the MLS Unified All-Star match.
- Responsible for the intake, initial review, and processing of charitable donation requests. This includes communications with the requestor, external queries, ensuring proper documentation, and preparing payment requests.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of community donation requests, and nonprofit fulfillment requests, including managing the ordering and inventory of merchandise and signed items, volunteer support obligations, and community event support.
- Coordinate ticket fulfillments from nonprofit fundraisers and specialty groups and manage the allocation of donated tickets through our charitable ticket program. • Coordinate fundraising and fulfillment efforts and support for online auctions such as, but notlimited to, jerseys and specialty items.
- Support the department with strategic planning, budgeting, and financial reporting efforts.
- Support the department with the execution of the annual Community Report.
- Support the department with Orlando City Foundation activations and events including, but not limited to, the PlayBingo Ladies Luncheon and the Golf / Footgolf Tournament.
- * No specific matchday functions are required for this role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Communication, Hospitality/Event Management, or related field from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work or volunteer experience in project/program management.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking abilities, team playing skills.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging, and professional personality.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while overseeing details for multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent skills in organizing work groups and managing and motivating staff and volunteers to work under the specific time constraints of a major event.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including select nights and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.