JOB TITLE: Equipment Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Head of Equipment, Operations
DEPARTMENT: NYCFC Sporting
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the day-to-day equipment operations of NYCFC II and the NYCFC Academy. With emphasis on NYCFC II this role will work closely with the technical staff and support team with day-to-day training, home and away games. This role will also be responsible for the organization, distribution and tracking of all Academy related equipment throughout the year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Annual submittal of order forms through adidas (NYCFC II and Academy)
- Ensuring annual budgets for NYCFC II and Academy are met
- Lead maintaining inventory of NYCFC II and Academy teams
- Provide daily support for NYCFC II training sessions
- Daily laundry responsibilities for NYCFC II players and support staff
- Assist with locker room set-up for all home games
- Packing and organization of team equipment for away travel
- Pressing game jerseys and training gear
- Maintaining game standards set forth by Major League Soccer and Adidas
- ACADEMY – ensuring equipment at Academy training locations is of standard for a professional organization.
- ACADEMY – attend annual orientation night to ensure equipment in properly distributed.
- TRAVEL – attend all NYCFC II home and away games.
- Compliance with Club policies and procedures
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
- NYCFC II Coaches, Players and Support staff
- Academy Coaches and Leadership team
- Sporting Department leadership
Heavy lifting and carrying may be required of athletic equipment staff as they will oversee the transportation, assembling and disassembling of certain equipment on a daily basis. Travel to all home and all away games will be required for the position with daily working hours being dependent on team training schedule and games schedule.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience showing professionalism expected around professional sports teams
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- Ability to travel in accordance with a professional sports team
- Must be outgoing with exceptional interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City Football Club (NYCFC), we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club has qualified for the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the last seven consecutive seasons, winning the MLS Cup in 2021. Games are broadcast through MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and Major League Soccer that will have every match of the MLS regular season, Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and Leagues Cup all in one place and with no blackouts. NYCFC’s combined 3.3 million social media following across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter is the second-highest among MLS clubs. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/.
New York City Football Club is also one of 11 clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK, Espérance Sportive Troyes AC and Palermo FC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.