Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dedicated Summer Camp Operations Coordinator of Soccer In The Community to join our team! This individual will be expected to assist with the operation and execution of Chicago Fire FC weekly summer camps at the Fire Pitch. Additionally, this individual will work closely with facility staff as well as camp coaches to make the soccer camp experience the best possible for the kids participating as well as their parents/guardians.
The role requires for the individual to be involved in the registration of campers, working the front desk reception during breaks on the field, upkeep of a clean facility throughout the day, helping with egress of the children that are being picked up by their parents.
The successful candidate will need to be someone who can proactively manage the needs of participants inside the facility as well as out on the fields. A good communicator between facility staff and the coaching staff who are running the camps.
- Lead set up of the fields with specific needs of the camp each morning before the start of camp
- Set up restaurant area to accommodate lunch breaks for the camps on the fields
- Oversee campers’ lunch and snack breaks while coaches are on their own break
- Monitor incoming weather to determine if kids need to be pulled off the field for safety reasons
- Assist in organizing any games inside the building for the kids in case of inclement weather
- Clean up fields and restaurant area after camps are completed to ensure a clean working environment for the next guests of the facility to come in
- Support in children's egress while at the front desk and answer any questions regarding the camps going forward or to sign up more kids for the future camp days
- Oversee sales at the front desk for pre-camp, snack, and lunch break purchases
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work Monday through Friday all summer (June 5 – September 1)
- Ability to excel in a team/collaborative work environment, with strong time management, organizational, interpersonal, and planning skills
- Proactive problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with children and a history of positive customer service
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
The compensation is 16.00 per hour for this position. Are you comfortable with this hourly rate?
Are you 18 years or older?