Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a Manager of Social Media who is a dynamic, creative thinker that will manage the team’s presence across the social media landscape, helping drive deeper, more meaningful connections with fans and the larger Chicago community. This individual will be tasked with the development and implementation of innovative strategy, engaging content, and real-time community management. Alongside Marketing Leadership, they will identify key performance indicators, set clear objectives, measure performance, and improve results. This position must establish relationships with appropriate personnel in various departments, including Marketing, Communications, Football Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Community, and more. The ideal candidate will also focus on supporting the goals of the business using a creative imagination and technical skillset combined with excellent communication skills.
- Lead the day-to-day posting and community management of the Fire’s official accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Drive the club’s strategy on emerging platforms.
- Manage organization, planning and scheduling for all social media platforms.
- Help create innovative, entertaining, and original content to accompany original copy across multiple platforms.
- Manage social media campaigns integrated into the club's strategic marketing plans.
- Work to evolve the established voice and tone of the Fire brand to promote positive fan engagement and to drive demand for club content.
- Moderate user-generated content across platforms and engage with followers.
- Stay on top of emerging social media trends and best practices and appropriately integrate new opportunities into the Fire’s social presence.
- Provide social coverage at training, on matchdays, at community events and others as needed.
- Assist in execution of paid social media campaigns.
- Assist with strategy for the Club’s supplementary social media accounts, including the Academy, Football in the Neighborhood, Foundation, and Juniors programs.
- Assist with analytics, particularly the tracking of campaigns and sponsorship executions to ensure successful partner-affiliated social media posts and ticket sales promotions.
- Collaborate with in-house content and creative team to ensure assets are optimized for maximum performance on individual platforms.
- Help develop ideas to support partnership pitches and renewals with content and design teams.
- Help with various production, website, editing, and design tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferably in marketing, communication, or journalism.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a sports property.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, including superior attention to detail, a strong handle of grammar, punctuation, and voice.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus.
- Team player who strives to help the club achieve key business objectives, including driving value for corporate partners, creating ticket sales opportunities, and promoting broadcast tune-in – while maintaining maximum exposure with minimal invasiveness into fan timelines/feeds.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve, and manage time effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in tight deadlines.
- Proactive thinker who brings creativity to the job every day.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to take ideas from concept to execution.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proven experience in collaborating with peers across departments to brainstorm, create and execute on-brand content.
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- Demonstrated ability and hands on experience with maintaining website presence including uploading, naming, and publishing content.
- Working knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience in photography both in shooting imagery and providing shot list direction.
- Familiarity with metadata, SEO, file naming and other organizational tools for archiving content.
- Ability to work with athletes to distribute content and grow their social media presence as additional club marketing touchpoints.
- Working knowledge of soccer and familiarity with Major League Soccer.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
What is your desired salary range for this position?