Job Title: Community Relations Associate
Department: Community Relations and FC Cincinnati Foundation
Reports to: Manager of Community Relations
The Community Relations Associate will understand the importance of strong communication skills and adhering to tight deadlines. Creativity, hard work, positive attitude, strong attention to detail, dedication, and passion for the Cincinnati community are musts. This is a part-time (up to 30 hours per week on average) position with roughly 50% of the time spent on FC Cincinnati Foundation (FCCF) programming and event implementation and roughly 50% coordinating in-bound community relations requests and FC Cincinnati appearances. The Community Relations Associate will work roughly 30 hours per week on a semi-regular schedule and should expect regular non-traditional hours on weeknights and weekends. Staff are expected to work FC Cincinnati home games and FCC Youth Soccer Camps. The anticipated duration of this position is June 1-August 31.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate and fulfill in-bound requests for donations
- Work player and mascot staff appearances at events in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Assist, and in some cases, run FCCF soccer programming during gym classes and after school programs
- Participate in Community Outreach opportunities creating more awareness for the FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation brands
- In partnership with staff, prep, execute, and follow up for all FC Cincinnati Foundation events
- Assist in implementation of FCC community relations activations and FCCF initiatives
- Assist with the preparation and execution of FCC Youth Soccer Camps
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Management, or related field
- 1+ year of experience in community relations, including internships, for a non-profit, professional, or collegiate team, or community/social responsibility role with a business
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including but not limited to weekends and holidays as required by the FCC game schedule, special events, and projects
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners, program participants, and donors by building personal credibility and solid trust
- Good knowledge of soccer and ability to instruct children participating in FCCF programming
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills with adults and children
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct; possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Community-mindedness both internally, ability to work well with a team, and externally in community programming
- Dedication to being a team player with a positive attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
Why You'll Love FCC:
- Discount off merchandise in team store
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Frequent team building opportunities
- Employee recognition programs and referral programs
About FC Cincinnati:
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and Co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The club earned its first MLS Cup Playoffs berth in 2022, advancing to the Eastern Conference semifinal as the no. 5 seed. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
How did you hear about this job? (Teamwork Online, LinkedIn, Job Fair, University Networking, Referral and who, etc.)
Have you ever been employed by FC Cincinnati or West End Ventures? If so, what position?
Are you a current resident of the West End Neighborhood?
I understand this is a part-time position, averaging 30 hours per week from June 1-August 31.