Reporting to: First Team Manager
Responsible for: To be responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of strength and conditioning programmes for 1st team.
Also, collect physical data to monitor the impact of training.
The post requires flexible working hours, including evening and weekends.
Location: County Ground, and Beversbrook Training facility.
Key duties include but not limited to:
• To uphold and live the club values in and away from Swindon Town
• To assist with the provision of sports science and strength and conditioning across the squad
• To work with Football Coaches to ensure that football training sessions incorporate appropriate levels of intensity and physical loading.
• To collect, record and evaluate objective and subjective data in relation to training load.
• To ensure all warm-ups are planned and shared with coaches
• To assist in the planning and undertaking of physical testing at regular intervals throughout the year, logging and monitoring the results and feedback to coaches, players and parents as appropriate. Use data to evaluate and adapt training practices as appropriate.
• To ensure that all relevant data is integrated into the clubs data systems
• FA Safeguarding qualification
• Bsc in Sports Science or related fields
• MSC in Sports Science or related fields
• UKSCA accreditation / BASES (Desirable)
• Must be IT literate and comfortable using SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum requirement.
• Always hold a professional manner and remain compliant with confidentiality.
Experience at different clubs
• Previous experience of working in professional football for 2 years
• Previous leadership experience within a sporting environment
• Being a team player is essential and having a flexible approach to work
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Pension plan
• 2 Swindon Town FC season tickets upon successful completion of 6-month probation period
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum