Position: Competitive Head Coach (U13+)
Hours: Part Time
Reporting to: Christian Hoefler, Club Technical Director and Rae-Marie Martin, Club General Manager
Renumeration: $25-30/hour depending on certifications & experience
● Canada Soccer C-Licence (B-Licence Youth Preferred), Respect in Sport, Making Headway, Make Ethical Decisions, Soccer for Life, Standard First Aid with CPR, Safe Sport Training, Keeping Girls in Sport (or the willingness to obtain each).
● Criminal Background Check (CBC) with vulnerable sector check screening current within six months of date of hire.
This is a part time contract position beginning June 1st 2023 and ending April 30th 2024, with the possibility of extension and increased hours and responsibility. The Competitive Head Coach will be actively engaged with the U13+ Competitive teams (11 youth teams and 2 adult teams) for the 2023 season. This position requires flexibility and availability during evenings and weekends as well as weekday hours from time to time. Hours are
cyclical and vary during the year:
● June to August: up to 20 hours per week
● September: up to 2 hours per week
● October to December: up to 7 hours per week
● January to April: up to 12 hours per week
The total number of hours for the contract is up to 600 hours.
● Mentor coaching staff at the field during practices and games.
● When required, lead and deliver training sessions and/or coach games.
● Communicate as needed with parents/guardians and players and direct them to the Club TD or Club GM when necessary.
● Communicate via email and phone when required, in a timely manner.
● Attend meetings and/or training opportunities when required.
● Liaise with the Head of Goalkeeping regarding the development of goalkeepers.
● Liaise with Ryan Gardner, Development Head Coach and interact with U12 players and coaches moving up to the Competitive stream in 2024.
● Work closely with the Club TD for scheduling and other tasks when required.
● Ensure that standards are being met or exceeded by players, volunteers and parents/guardians.
● June to August:
● Be present in person for as many practices and games as the hours and schedule will allow each week. Some out of town travel may be required from time to time. For Gaels Cup in July, be present for most of each weekend to watch games and interact with players, volunteers and families both from our Club and out of town. (July 7-9 & July 21-23)
● September and October:
● Plan, schedule and facilitate competitive team tryouts.
● Plan and schedule winter indoor team training that begins in January.
● November and December:
● Lead and deliver Center of Excellence Program.
● Attend Club Team Meetings (December).
● January to April:
● Be present indoors for as many practices and games as the hours and schedule will allow each week.
● 2-5 years coaching and mentoring youth and/or adults in the sport of soccer.
Skills and desired attributes:
● Knowledgeable in the landscape of soccer within Ontario,Canada’s LTPD pathway.
● Moderate skill level in Microsoft Office, and Google Business Suite including Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs, etc.
● Excellent people and time management skills.
● Excellent communication etiquette in person and digitally.
● Approachable, calm, and patient.
● Loyal and reliable; a positive ambassador for Jr Gaels Soccer and the Kingston Community.
● Organized and efficient.
● Jr Gaels Under Armor staff kit provided.
● Flexible work schedule.
● Remote work on administrative tasks when possible.