The U13-U19 Boys Technical Director will be accountable for developing, implementing, and supervising player and coach development programs. The TD will provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to all coaches. The TD shall support the Club and all its current and future programs. This position will report directly to the Club’s Executive Director and Travel Coordinator (Board Member). Working hours will vary depending on the time of year, but the role can expect around 40-45hr/week on average.
The ideal candidate will have a passion and enthusiasm for working with soccer players of all ages/abilities, staff, and volunteer coaches. The candidate will thrive in a community club & high-performance soccer environment and demonstrate a passion for continuous program improvement and leadership. The candidate will have a strong passion to take the club to the next level that aligns with the club’s strategic goals. The candidate must work well in a team environment and will inspire, delegate, and motivate others. As a key leader in the club, the candidate will be looked upon for professionalism, mindfulness, organization, and good communication.
The start date for this position will be no later than July 1, 2023.
- Oversee all soccer related activities and the development of Club's teams, coaches, and players in assigned age groups.
- Oversee the ID, recruitment, and retention of all coaches
- Design and implement all player development initiatives to further the technical and tactical abilities of all LSC players
- Develop and implement coaching curriculum that supports the Club's overall player development guidelines and game model
- Host education events and promote continuing education opportunities for coaches
- Attend weekly practices/games of teams in order to provide coach/player feedback and advice
- Implement multiple player feedback touch points throughout the year
- Submit weekly reports to Executive Director regarding coach & player observations
- Leader of conflict resolution with parents/players/coaches/staff to ensure the Club's Code of Conduct and it's associated policies are upheld
- Design and implementation of all Fall/Winter/Summer camps
- Oversee all aspects of College Advisory Program for recruitable age groups
- Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time
- Hybrid position that includes both office and field time
- Weekdays and Weekends
- Travel required. Must have reliable transportation
- Reports to Executive Director
- Weekly hours range from 40-45hrs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to operate and feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey technical planning to non-technical stakeholders, including parents.
- Must be approachable, enthusiastic, and committed to providing a positive experience for all LSC members.
- Ideal candidate currently possesses a National C License or higher, or willingness to acquire similar within time of employment. LSC does financially support coaches seeking further education.
- Experience hiring, managing, mentoring, and motivating highly qualified coaching personnel.
- Ability to work well and communicate effective with both paid and volunteer members of the club
- Ability to align annual operating plans to broader club strategic plans.
- Use of various software programs including google docs/sheets/forms, playmetrics, session planner, and team genius
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, and work independently with minimal direction.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, manage multiple tasks and projects, track details, and ensure timely and accurate results.
- Valid drivers’ license
- A criminal record check with vulnerable sector search