Title: Director of Turf & Grounds
Department: Facility Operations
Reports to: VP, Facilities & Operations
FLSA: Full Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS UP APART:
The Director of Turf & Grounds is responsible for the full oversight and performance of field maintenance at Exploria Stadium and both Orlando Health Training Grounds at Osceola Heritage Park and Sylvan Lake Park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee maintenance of Exploria Stadium field and all training facility fields at both Orlando Health Training Grounds
- Develop the annual facility operating budget for all 3 facilities with the VP of Facilities & Operations and manage day-to-day operations to ensure cost effectiveness
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an effective fertility, fungicide, and pest control program for Exploria Stadium and Sylvan Lake Park
- Assist Osceola County in the development of an effective fertility, fungicide and pest control program for Osceola Heritage Park fields
- Supervise all field related projects including but not limited to sod replacements, new field installations, air injections, top dressing etc.
- Identify turf grass diseases, weeds, pests, and take appropriate action to correct these issues
- Lead the efforts for the research and procurement of equipment and supplies
- Liaison with Seminole County and Osceola County to ensure field conditions are met at both training facilities
- Work with Director of Events to ensure all field conditions are met for third party events and venue rentals
- Build effective and productive relationships within the organization, along with other employees, visitors, and staff
- Create and maintain good working relationships with all MLS and NWSL coaches and soccer operations staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage full-time staff including Head Groundskeeper-Exploria Stadium, Grounds Supervisor-OHP and Grounds Supervisor-Sylvan.
- Manage the interviewing, hiring, and training process of all employees
- Appraise performance, reward, and discipline employees in conjunction with the guidelines laid out by the People department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Turf Grass Science, Horticulture, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of grounds maintenance related work experience in soccer with 2 years of leadership experience preferred.
· Candidate should possess or have the ability to obtain the Florida Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
- Ability to operate turf related equipment (i.e., tractors, mowers, aerifiers, field paint machine).
- Candidate must have strong leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Ability to resolve concerns expeditiously and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Experience with hosting field events including sporting and concerts, using various field protection systems is a plus.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time and in various weather conditions.
- May work in an outdoor setting as required.
- Ability to walk and stand for short periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift items (50 lbs.) and carry cargo.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and load carrying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.