Reporting to the Events and Stadium Operations Manager, the principal function of the Events and Stadium Operations Coordinator is to liaise between the Operations and Events Department to facilitate all non-soccer sporting events, as well as other events taking place at Audi Field. This position will also provide operational support to various stadium operations functions, including maintenance and upkeep of the stadium. The coordinator will primarily be responsible for event set up, changeovers, and daily operational logistics needed to execute events at Audi Field. Finally, this position will require an individual who is able to multi-task, thrives in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and can effectively communicate.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and ensures completion of setup/teardown of equipment for all private/corporate events hosted at Audi Field.
- Coordinate with the department Manager to execute requirements and requests from various departments and clients to ensure the facility is ready for each individual event.
- Regularly attend event planning meetings and walk-throughs to ensure the Operations Department receives pertinent information in order to appropriately staff and prepare the facility for upcoming events.
- Work with all applicable departments and provide clear, concise, and timely communications regarding event requirements and requests.
- Assist in tracking and accounting inventory for all stadium equipment on a regular basis.
- Facilitation of load in and load out of ordered equipment for events including temporary flooring, seating, barricade, etc.
- Will serve as Operations Manager on duty during select events to operate the stadium and resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist the Stadium Operations Team with full stadium event preparation through stadium walks and Premium Space resets, as necessary.
- Conduct periodic facility walkthroughs to report advanced facility issues to the stadium Engineering Team.
- Active member of the Operations Team on all ongoing stadium maintenance projects.
- Candidate is also expected to be proactive in identifying cost savings opportunities in stadium management and equipment rentals and procurement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Facility Management, or another related field preferred.
- 1-2 years in arena/stadium operations in a part time position, internship role, or Graduate Assistant preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Working knowledge of operations equipment including forklift, scissor lift, pallet jacks, staging, seating, power tools, etc.
- Forklift certification not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination prior to start date.
- Ability to work independently as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be team-oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Responds well under pressure and maintains composure in high pressure environments.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.