Performs skilled tasks in the diagnosis, mechanical repair, maintenance and calibration of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and control systems including electrical and plumbing and related mechanical equipment such as controls, pumps, motors, compressors, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks such as checking equipment operation, cleaning, lubrication, changing filters, adjusting, and repairing HVAC equipment and controls, etc., consistent with the Manufacturer’s Equipment Operation and Repair Manuals and standards of good practice
- Responds to temperature complaints, diagnoses problems, identifies solution, and makes necessary adjustments to assure adequate indoor air quality is maintained
- Calibrate/adjust/repair/replace temperature, humidity and air equipment and control devices such as pumps, evaporative coolers, condensing units, fan coil units, air handlers, exhaust fans, thermostats, sensors, humidistats, relays, timers, electric (digital) controls, electronic controls, damper motors/dampers, switches, and other related control devices on commercial and multi-zone heating and cooling systems
- Uses diagnostic equipment and line diagrams to trouble shoot problems and identify solutions
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals
- Previous commercial building HVAC experience, preferred
- The ability to create and read schematic diagram’s, preferred
- Basic welding, brazing, and soldering as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 4 years of experience with HVAC technology
- Universal EPA Certified Technician, preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Rare travel may be expected in this role.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 required.
This job operates in both an office and stadium environment. The role is highly active, including, but not limited to include standing, walking, crouching, bending, and crawling. This position will require one to be physically active, for a majority of the time. The stadium can be excessively loud at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely active role. The candidate must be able to crawl, stand, sit, climb, and walk for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Frequent operation of various tools and machinery
- Frequent standing and remaining on ones’ feet for prolonged periods of time
- Raising and lowering of heavy objects and equipment, with and without assistance
- Frequent carrying and/or transporting heavy objects, usually by hand, arm, or shoulder
- Frequent pushing, pulling and exerting force to complete tasks and assignments
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.