As the Portland Timbers and Thorns Design Intern, you will assist the creative team with basic design needs across all applicable design platforms (digital, social, print and video). This position will report directly to the Senior Creative Director.
Primary Job Functions:
- Assist design team with design of promotional graphics, flyers and marketing materials while adhering to a system
- Assist creative leads with preparation of projects including researching usable photos, taking photos of elements, retouching, cut out and manipulate images, etc.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Prepare files for print and vendors
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Receive feedback from Senior Creative Director and Senior Designer to make necessary changes
- Participate in design talks and meetings with the design team
- File management: archiving and distributing art files
- Minimum of one year of experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud and the willingness to keep learning on the job
- Basic understanding of design principles such as typography, layout and color
- Willingness to learn and work with the design team
- Basic level of print production
- Must have strong organizational habits
- Ability to take design direction and feedback
- Knowledge and affinity for soccer and the Portland Timbers and Thorns FC
- A passion and love for design
Junior, senior level college students and recent college graduates (up to 12 months) in the fields of Graphic Design or related fields
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you currently live in the Portland Metro area or do you have plans to relocate here soon?
Why does this internship appeal to you?