TITLE: Academy Head Coach U13
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Operations
REPORTS TO: Academy Director
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
The U13 Academy Head Coach is responsible for leading the academy team and the day-to-day operations of the U13 age group. The head coach will manage the team, including supervision of training sessions and games. The successful candidate will report to the Academy Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of the U13 Academy age group.
- Implement the club methodology, effective practice, and game plans through the Academy Curriculum, style of play, and periodization.
- Prepare and lead all team training sessions.
- Use session planning tools and video platforms to ensure that all relevant player data is recorded.
- Manage and coach all exhibition, regular season, playoff, tournament, international and other games while ensuring player development, club principles, and a competitive mentality.
- Conduct and organize preparation for all games, including developing game strategies, team meetings, and scouting opposition.
- Manage off-season player development programs for the team.
- Assists in the scouting and evaluation of potential players for the team.
- Communicate with Academy Scouts frequently to identify and report talent.
- Oversee all player evaluations and player/parent meetings.
- Enforces team rules and league rules applicable to players and coaching staff.
- Assist and support coaches in the general control, management, and conduct of Academy players,
- ensuring adherence to the Academy Code of Conduct.
- Assist with other age groups with training and game day when needed.
Other duties assigned .
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- USSF ‘B’ License or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in elite soccer.
- Proven history of developing players.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Collaborative management style – an advocate of team concepts.
- Positive influencer, comfortable with leading dynamic change.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere. (This may include nights, weekends, and holidays.)
- USSF A License
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) or multi-lingual fluency
- Experience, familiarity, and network within OCSC Territory is strongly preferred.
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.