The Partnership Marketing Coordinator is part of the Partnership Marketing department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
Love soccer? Do you enjoy building relationships, thinking creatively and overseeing experiential marketing activations? Want to spend your weekends surrounded by 19,600 passionate fans and top-tier corporate partners? If you answered yes, this might be the role for you. We are looking for a Partnership Marketing Coordinator who can successfully wear many hats, that will help facilitate the coordination of department operations and marketing of partnership accounts.
This is a full-time position based in Golden Valley, MN, and will report to the Director of Partnership Marketing.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Oversee assigned specialty areas for the Corporate Partnerships department including, but not limited to pre-game activations, in-stadium signage, hospitality (tickets and fan experiences), and broadcast
- Assist the Partnership Marketing team in all aspects of sponsorship asset tracking and proof of performance
- Manage a team of 2 - 4 part-time game day activation staff
- Aid in the planning and execution of partner-related events including, but not limited to networking events and hospitality outings, acting as the point person when appropriate
- Oversee the department gifting and merchandise strategy, as well as provide on-going inventory management
- Prepare and execute a mass partner communication plan for events, ticket on-sales, and noteworthy Club news
- Serve as the primary liaison between assigned corporate partners and Minnesota United to facilitate the execution of sponsorship agreements, build a strong relationship with the goal of client retention
- Prepare customized recaps and presentations, incorporating Club information as well as third-party market research and data
- Support the sales process by attending select needs analysis meetings with prospects, brainstorming with internal departments, and generating formal proposals
- Work MNUFC home games as well as select additional events
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
You might be right for this role if you are:
- Passionate about growing the world’s game in the Twin Cities
- Confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full of innovative ideas on how to activate partners
- Highly organized planner with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive, reliable and responsible with great attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays as needed
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you authorized to work in the United States?
Are you able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays as needed?
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or equivalent education and experience?
Do you have previous partnership marketing or related experience?