Location: St Andrew’s Stadium
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Application closing date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
- To control the running of the sales ledger and to complete all associated tasks.
- Supervision of accounts assistant in posting all non-major sales transactions, including a review of his work.
- Posting of significant sales transactions (including large sponsorship deals, football related invoices).
- To ensure sales invoices are accurately coded to the correct nominal.
- Daily maintenance of cashbook and posting into accounting system.
- Daily reporting to parent company on cash movements in the bank.
- Good communication with other departments (commercial, conference & events, ticketing, academy, women’s etc.)
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Contacting individuals or business customers when payment is overdue asking them to settle their account and explaining the terms of their credit.
- Meeting tight sales ledger deadlines of 7th – 10th each month.
- Recording and payment of academy and women’s referees.
- General office duties and administration procedures.
- To adhere to Data Protection Laws at all times.
- Implementing new working procedures to better current methods where applicable.
- To represent the Employer, Birmingham City FC in a professional manner at all times.
- To represent the department in a professional manner and display appropriate conduct at all times.
- To ensure communication is maintained with Management and all BCFC staff.
- Such other reasonable duties as may be required by the CFO and Financial Controller.
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in both Maths and English.
- Previous experience in a Sales Ledger role.
- Previous experience with chasing debt.
- Strong knowledge of excel.
- Experience working with Sage 200.
Knowledge and Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised.
- Multi-tasker that can work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good at building relationships.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Uses initiative.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community. We will consider applications solely based on merit regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, background, or family circumstance.
Birmingham City FC promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we welcome applications from all individuals in society. If you have any particular requirements or need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application.
All candidates are required to complete our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Survey using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/ymR2zBpuNf. The survey will take approximately 1 minute to complete, is completely voluntary and you can respond with “prefer not to say” to any questions that you do not feel comfortable in answering. All responses will remain anonymous, and we will use the information collected to review our recruitment processes and ensure we continue to encourage a diverse and inclusive working environment to help us achieve our equality objectives.