Deliver a truly memorable level of customer service proactively engaging with all visitors ensuring that they feel welcome and valued, enjoying a rewarding experience within the museum.
Role family: Operations and Visitor Experience
Level: Customer Facing
Line Manager: Visitor Experience Coordinator
Management / Supervision:
Areas of responsibility and accountability:
· Provide a warm, vibrant welcome to all visitors creating a positive impression of the museum, assisting visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
· Seek to engage, interact and communicate with visitors throughout the museum
· Actively promote ways to add value to their experience and aspire to surpass their expectations.
· Expertly demonstrate full knowledge of the museum’s facilities, exhibits and exhibitions and be able to convey information regarding other visitor attractions locally.
· Assist with learning activities and any other income generating activity.
· Support all members of the Front of House Team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level.
· Attend briefings and meetings as set out by the Visitor Experience Management team and participate in an enthusiastic and proactive way.
· Carry out administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner as required.
· Complete daily check lists of the galleries.
· Proactively help visitors to enjoy the interactive activities included in their admissions fee.
· Be knowledgeable about additional paid for activities in the museum. Taking every opportunity to upsell event, café and shop facilities, including corporate events and group bookings
· Assist with keeping all front of house areas clean and well presented, including clearing away after events and assisting with event set-ups.
· Monitor the flow of visitors and queue manage activities as required
· Provide talks to visitors/groups on specific objects/topics.
· Deliver tours of the museum’s galleries on a daily basis as and when required.
· Deal with complaints empathically and positively making every effort to resolve them yourself or seeking further advice from managers/colleagues.
· Operate the telephones to museum standards ensuring all messages are handled in an efficient and professional manner.
· Carry out other relevant duties which may arise from time to time in support of the National Football Museum. Be able to operate all of the interactives throughout the museum and have a good knowledge of the museums exhibits.
· Continuously build knowledge of existing and new collections by on the job training and personal research.
· Assist the marketing department with visitor surveys and data collection on a rota basis.
· Assist other departments with off-site activities as and when required
· Provide a vigilant security presence within the galleries and public areas of the museum ensuring that no damage occurs to the exhibits, or to the fixtures or fittings within the building.
· Provide a vigilant presence to help ensure the safety of all members of National Football Museum staff and visitors to the building.
· Customer service standards
Health and Safety Responsibility:
· Front of house security procedures for the role
· Front of House Fire and emergency procedures for the role
Qualifications and Experience